What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Empty Spa Or Not for Summer?  (Read 25456 times)

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
Empty Spa Or Not for Summer?
« on: June 11, 2005, 09:14:35 pm »
Wondering should i keep the water in the spa and keep treating it since i will not be useing till sept or oct?Would love to use it but its dammm hot and bugs flying around.Wondering what would happen if i just empty it and shut the power off.Or would it be better just leaving it pluged in...Jt

Hot Tub Forum

Empty Spa Or Not for Summer?
« on: June 11, 2005, 09:14:35 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Empty Spa Or Not for Summer?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2005, 09:28:52 pm »
Wondering should i keep the water in the spa and keep treating it since i will not be using till sept or oct?Would love to use it but its dammm hot and bugs flying around.Wondering what would happen if i just empty it and shut the power off.Or would it be better just leaving it pluged in...Jt

Oh man, don't go there! :( :(

I'm just getting my deck and tub ready (tub won't be ready until next week) and we struggled with inside or outside the screen room and outside won. I questioned a few people about the bugs and they said that their not bothered by them inside the tub! I was counting on it.

I guess I'll find out. :(

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2005, 09:31:15 pm »
In the Phoenix market we had "snowbirds" that would drain every summer and for the most part no problems.The problems we did see was seals drying,heaters rusting,and mice nesting.Though the percentage of people who had these problems was small.We would get the calls every fall when they returned. ::)
-SpaMan~

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2005, 09:33:14 pm »
Just wondering,I used my spa last summer at 85 degrees in the spa during the afternoon but not at night tooooo many bugs flying around in the Poconos lol.And wish yea lots of luck with your spa....JT

drober30

• Loving my HS Vanguard!
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2005, 09:34:19 pm »
You must have had your tub for years to even consider turning it off! ???

I knew from the start that bugs and snow would be an issue so I bit the bullet and bought a gazebo too.

Sitting outdoors would be nice but I think the privacy and shelter from mother nature here in Michigan was the way to go.

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2005, 09:36:24 pm »
i heard about the seals drying out thats why i feel leaving water in it and keep treating it so i will have nooooo problems when fall comes around...Jt :-*

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2005, 09:38:49 pm »
Well mine is under my deck maybe i will leave it on....So it will cost me $35-$40 for a few months so i know i will have no problems then .Jt

J._McD

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2005, 09:48:07 pm »
Drop some of your water and refill, keep the temp at 85° and try the spa at a cool temperature.  It is delightful.

customer came into the store today with sweat on his brow and said, who would want to sit in a hot tub in this weather as he put his hand into the water.  His eyes lit up like he stuck his hand in a light socket and said, hey it's cool.

Let's write it  up. ;D

Good story but he didn't buy.

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2005, 10:23:22 pm »
Had it on 85 last summer and used it many times during early afternoon but not at night.Guess i will do it the same way,never know when you want to pop in when its 95 out....Jt :-/

Payton3485

• 2005 Sundance Majesta
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2005, 12:05:55 am »
We have no problems with bugs while we are in the spa. When we are out of the spa, well that is a different story.  We are currently building a deck around our spa as well and will have a gazeebo built with a skylight in it. We love having our spa outdoors (previous spa was indoors) and being one with nature so to speak. The gazeebo will add a luxurious look to the area and will also allow us to use the spa when it is raining out. This way we get the best features of an indoor spa, outside.

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2005, 09:29:44 am »
My hot tub isn't here yet, but, I'm planning on using it alot (more than 3 times per day) because of my back (for those of you newbies who don't know I have had 5 surgeries on my back and have three levels fused) I'm trying to ward off the surgery demons once again, so, this is something that will be used alot in this household. Here's what were contimplating when we decided where to put the hot tub, we decided since we get alot of bugs in the night time (misquetos for one) and I want to be able to go out in the daytime to soak, we are buliding around it a screened in gazebo (4 foot walls on the bottom screened in around the rest with a slanted roof). As far as the heat thing, I plan to keep it at abot 96 degrees for the summer, if that is too much I'll turn it dawn.

And there you have my story!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2005, 09:45:23 am »
We use our all year. Mosquitos don't seem to be a big problem in gthe tub. We do have citronella torches about the tub. But I I think the steam from the tub throws off thier CO2 tracking so they don't find us as easy. We did turn the tub down to 101 because of the heat this week
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2005, 10:17:25 am »
Bugs aren't allowed here in paradise, so we use the tub year 'round.

Hey - I am changing tubs mid year. The Accolade was fun, but we sold the floor model and will need to move our spa into the showroom rather than ordering in a new one.

I was go back to the Grandee but I want the new double Moto Massage.

Might end up with another Vista.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Chris_H

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2005, 10:19:39 am »
Bugs aren't allowed here in paradise, so we use the tub year 'round.

Hey - I am changing tubs mid year. The Accolade was fun, but we sold the floor model and will need to move our spa into the showroom rather than ordering in a new one.

I was go back to the Grandee but I want the new double Moto Massage.

Might end up with another Vista.

Why not go with the Vanguard?  I would recommend a test-soak before you decide on the Vista.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2005, 10:20:44 am by Chris_H »

nicker

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2005, 11:13:13 am »
keep er full and turn down the temp.  I turn ours down to 98 in the summer and its perfect.  Some times it creeps up but take the cover off for a little while in the evening and it dropps back down.    Nothing like sitting in the tub on a sunny day with a beer in hand.  Bugs aren't an issue for me, urban area with not many trees yet.   We do have the citronella candels and torches and that seems to help.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2005, 11:13:13 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42