What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Empty Spa Or Not for Summer?  (Read 25459 times)

Perk1

• Relaxed when wet....
Re: Empty Spa Or Not for Summer?
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2005, 11:33:18 am »
We keep ours up and running year round.  I have a retractable awning that I roll out on the hot sunny days. I turn the temp down to the low 90s and it is really refreshing sitting in the shade of the awning as we soak.  It was really hot this past weekend here in NJ but the tub was great.  I was in it with my boys both Sat and Sun mornings.   The bugs are not a problem when I am in the tub.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2005, 11:33:18 am »

Drewski

• Artesian Piper Glen since 1999 in Beachtown, USA
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2005, 11:52:40 am »
Keep the temp at 102-104 and get used to it.

Any mosquitoes that can get to you near that hot of water probably means it's not safe to go outside anyway...  ;)

Drewski
It's a HOT tub... anything else is just a POOL!

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2005, 02:09:16 pm »
I've also found that the mosquitoes don't bother us when were in the spa.  And I live in mosquitoland.
Brewman
Brewman

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2005, 04:31:33 pm »
I use my spa year round in South Florida.  In the summer it is set at 86 degrees and it feels very refreshing.  With West Nile Virus, and Encephalitis and what not, I put mine inside the screened patio.  My neighbors think it is nicer to be all the way outside.  To each his or her own.

Bill

autoplay

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2005, 04:34:52 pm »
Ours is inside the screened lanai too.  I love being able to sit outside,and not have to worry about bugs etc.

You hurricane prepped yet,Bill?

J._McD

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2005, 11:56:56 pm »

Why not go with the Vanguard?  I would recommend a test-soak before you decide on the Vista.

don't you just hate these guys that buy at the price all consumers are searching for, dealer cost? ??? ;D ;D

aaahhh

• aaahhh now that feels good!  04 Marquis Euphoria
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2005, 09:30:27 am »
Last year we purchased our spa and along with the purchase we picked up a Coleman Misquito Delito.
We live in west central Wisconsin and have a pond with a creek combined with surrounded by woods.

We also use the Cintronella candles and these little scented gadgets that come with the Coleman. Just to over do it. And find bug's not a problem at all.

We have your problem in reverse. Sometimes up here it is just so cold you have to be of your rocker to even think of be outdoors. -30 and the wind blowing. I just pay the electric bill because we may get a break in the weather were we will use our spa.

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2005, 02:33:58 pm »
Quote from: autoplay

You hurricane prepped yet,Bill?[/quote

Sort of.  I bought a portable generator last week during the sales tax moratorium, but it hasn't been delivered yet.  I need to buy some battery lanterns because in the new house I have those accordian shutters, whereas at the last place we had hurricane glass.  The house is pitch dark in the middle of the day with these storm shutters closed.  This is something that I had not thought of.  The hurricane glass is better, but it was prohibitively expensive.

We have food and water to last for perhaps 3 or 4 days.    I figure that should be sufficient assuming the new house is left standing.  The new building code construction is very over engineered, but in a worst case storm even these houses would not hold up.

I am originally a New Englander and have relatives that think a blizzard is worse than a hurricane.  They just have no idea.

Regards,

Bill  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2005, 02:33:58 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42