What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Arctic Spa, Marq Epic, HS Envoy & SD Maxxus Review  (Read 22377 times)

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
Re: Anybody own an ARCTIC spa or tried one out???
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2005, 02:39:35 pm »

Med I actually do see what you're saying and I do agree with you to a large extent... That is why marquis to me is high in the running... Now, if I can change the wood ceder cabinent option we might be all set... But but but I am going to test the sundance and from what I see so far, it might be the bell ringer... the maxxus version that is...

does anybody own one of these

Explain the "wood cedar cabinet option"? Did they show you all of the options?

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Anybody own an ARCTIC spa or tried one out???
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2005, 02:39:35 pm »

spa

Re: Arctic Spa, Marq Epic, HS Envoy & SD Maxxus Re
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2005, 03:35:47 pm »
if you like the d1, take a test at the arctic kodiak model. it will blow the di away.

spa

« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2005, 03:37:17 pm »
also look at the klondiker. it made almost like the d1 but better. by the way i agree about the 80and 90 colours.

raj

shabba34

« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2005, 05:48:38 pm »
also look at the klondiker. it made almost like the d1 but better. by the way i agree about the 80and 90 colours.

raj
I think the wet testing customer can determine the validity of that claim ::) ::)

shabba34

« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2005, 05:49:33 pm »
if you like the d1, take a test at the arctic kodiak model. it will blow the di away.
Dito to my last comment.

Bug

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2005, 08:57:11 pm »
 Hi all, I am new to all of this, my husband has been dragging me around for over a year wet-testing looking for the perfect tub.  We tried Arctic, we liked it overall, but seemed a bit shallow to my husband.  The water level came only above his chest and he is not a tall man. The yukon model, although we just sat in a dry tub seemed the deepest, and also it was really expensive.  we have wet tested so many tubs, I can't even remember which one I liked the best.  We are now looking at maxxus by Sundance.  I hope he makes up his mind.

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2005, 06:41:30 am »
Hence the reason I suggest people take a notebook and pen with them to wet test!  Then you can write down your first impressions, and weeks later, you can remember them!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Mo60

« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2005, 04:37:22 pm »
Arctic, etc., etc., and the question goes on.  I have owned an Artic Avlanche for about 4 months now.  The construction is very good, the performance if good and it has a lounger that can be used from either side with different depth seats depending on the side.  Like all spas, you have to play with the water valves a while to really know what it will do.  We have the microban surface in a rather netural tone and like the nonslip surface a lot.  We are here in the heartland, just north of Kansas City.  Our dealer is from a small town in Kansas.  Unlike most I read about on here, they are very low pressure, customer centered.  Maybe it's being from the midwest that they don't have the attitude the northern neighbor dealers who get talked about must have.  I had a Hot Springs spa before and thought it was good then, but I like this one much better.  I don't believe anyone can make the better than the rest of the world claim and stand on that forever and ever.  Get a quality product, a model that fits (we went to buy one, tested it and changed models) and a dealer that you feel is fair and concerned about customer satisfaction.  The Artic is a bit noiser than my old one, but so much more features that it is OK. It does make for fun reading to see folks who have no direct interest in someones purchase get on a real roll about what they should or shouldn't do.  I'm just a pleased consumer with an Artic spa and a great honest dealer.
good luck......... ::) ::)

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2005, 05:06:09 pm »
Arctic, etc., etc., and the question goes on.  I have owned an Artic Avlanche for about 4 months now.  The construction is very good, the performance if good and it has a lounger that can be used from either side with different depth seats depending on the side.  Like all spas, you have to play with the water valves a while to really know what it will do.  We have the microban surface in a rather netural tone and like the nonslip surface a lot.  We are here in the heartland, just north of Kansas City.  Our dealer is from a small town in Kansas.  Unlike most I read about on here, they are very low pressure, customer centered.  Maybe it's being from the midwest that they don't have the attitude the northern neighbor dealers who get talked about must have.  I had a Hot Springs spa before and thought it was good then, but I like this one much better.  I don't believe anyone can make the better than the rest of the world claim and stand on that forever and ever.  Get a quality product, a model that fits (we went to buy one, tested it and changed models) and a dealer that you feel is fair and concerned about customer satisfaction.  The Artic is a bit noiser than my old one, but so much more features that it is OK. It does make for fun reading to see folks who have no direct interest in someones purchase get on a real roll about what they should or shouldn't do.  I'm just a pleased consumer with an Artic spa and a great honest dealer.
good luck......... ::) ::)

That is really good to hear....Enjoy the new spa for many years to come.....nice post....

fatman

« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2005, 07:35:45 pm »
I recently emailed a gentleman who has owned his Arctic for 4 1/2 years and asked his opinion now that the honeymoon is well over with. (This is one of the people listed in the review section) In particular I asked him about the cover and whether or not he has had to replace it. He replied that not only is it not waterlogged, it hasn't absorbed any water!. Even better than that, he mentioned that somehow it got a small tear and Arctic offered to replace it for free!     I believe it has been mentioned on this forum by customers and dealers that most covers have to be replaced after 3 or 4 years because they are waterlogged. Since Arctic makes their own covers I think it speaks very well of them.   The ability of the Arctic cover to sustain the weight of 12 people at one time has been....let's say.... frowned upon or at least made fun of by a few people too. I can't figure out why........ Isn't strength a good thing?

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2005, 08:25:14 pm »
The ability of the Arctic cover to sustain the weight of 12 people at one time has been....let's say.... frowned upon or at least made fun of by a few people too. I can't figure out why........ Isn't strength a good thing?

As many of us have stated many times, the cover is critical in heat retention and adds to the energy efficiency of the spa. To flip it back to you, does having the ability to hold 12 people create a product that is more energy efficient than another?

I believe Arctic makes a good cover and I doubt you'll find too many arguments there. I believe this cover is sold as an additional upgrade though. The question has always been their over zealous marketing. 12 people on a cover...who cares? These aren't designed to party on. I bet I could build a cover to park a Chevy on but does that mean you can handle it easily and will it prevent heat loss? I'm not selling it that way but who knows? That's not what they’re focusing their marketing on is it? ???

Heating without a heater and the Forever Floor that doesn't require any type of base since it's "built in". I've seen two different Arctic salespeople in the past week contradict each other with this one feature. Most spas have a sealed floor. I’d like to know why they feel theirs is superior?

I believe they make a decent product but I find their marketing objectionable and questionable and quite often over the top of what constitutes a reasonable purchase based on important factors.

Hopefully, that answers your question...

Steve

stabone

• Just Bring It !!
« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2005, 08:54:00 pm »
 Steve, the cover is designed to be a better insulator, not get water logged, (because it is molded not cut) and also be able to handle heavy snow falls.  I see alot of spa covers that sage in the middle from weight on them over time.   That is why you should care,  standing on top is a demo of the strenght.  I can't wait till your manufactures start coming out with comparable covers and laugh at you as your stance changes.  I do not hear Arctic customers complaining about the cover weigh, and in most cases our covers are lighter because they are not getting water logged like others.  And very happy they are not replacing covers every couple years or have to buy a upgraded cover.

fatman

« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2005, 09:12:34 pm »
Overzealous marketing? Maybe.  The way I see it is that Arctic hot tubs are truly built for harsh Canadian winters and everybody knows that Canada has much worse winters than the U.S.  I can see why Arctic gets a bad name on this forum. It looks bad in everyones eyes when you have a smart alec Arctic rep posting from time to time when it is convenient to do so. No argument there. But I still maintain that Arctic builds a very solid product.  As far as the cover goes, is there anyone on this forum who wouldn't want a cover that doesn't get waterlogged, retains heat and is stronger than it needs to be?  In other words, if your cover didn't wear out, would you complain about it? I think not.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2005, 09:40:07 pm »
Steve, the cover is designed to be a better insulator, not get water logged, (because it is molded not cut) and also be able to handle heavy snow falls.  I see alot of spa covers that sage in the middle from weight on them over time.   That is why you should care,  standing on top is a demo of the strenght.  I can't wait till your manufactures start coming out with comparable covers and laugh at you as your stance changes.  I do not hear Arctic customers complaining about the cover weigh, and in most cases our covers are lighter because they are not getting water logged like others.  And very happy they are not replacing covers every couple years or have to buy a upgraded cover.

So do I understand correctly that these covers never absorb water? What is the barrier within the cover that prevents moisture from penetrating it? I was unaware it was sold as a cover that lasts forever?

For the record...you'll never see me standing on a cover…EVER! Yes, at Hydropool we have a 5-4" tapered cover that would easily handle my 165lb frame  ;) but my 3-2" cover that I had with Beachcomber was never an issue either in northern Alberta with regards to snow load. Moot point really... as long as it can keep small children from falling in and it prevents them from drowning! The rest is hype and marketing whether you see that or not. I don’t expect you to Stabby as you work for the company. ;)

Steve

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2005, 09:41:04 pm »
Hey Fatman,

I agree with just about your whole post ....They are many truths in it ... Arctic builds a good spa and does get knocked when they show up to post when only its convenient ... I think what Steve asked is very relevant and that is is it more energy efficient if the answer is YES than its a good thing ....I would also think that at some point in the build  process you can reach a point of diminishing returns .....I have no Arctic dealer near me so I have not seen one in person....My own take on them from I have read is they build a good tub and market it very aggressively .....nothiing wrong with that ..... but they also appear to be very pricey ....If a person wants to spend more ...I am sure you can get a comparable type cover for most any spa and lets say that it is a $ 300.00 upgrade and the spa you are looking at is already $2000.00 less than the Aritic...spend the 300.00 get the cover and you should be happy ....The one thing I heard very little about with the Arctic is the therapy and if it does anything that is unique ....I am not in any way putting them down ...only suggesting that they are a well built but that you will pay for it and for what you are paying in additional costs is there a real benefit to it ....If I am wrong about the cost and they are in-line with a comparable Sun dance or Marquis or Hot Spring or any other spa than they are worth a look .....

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2005, 09:41:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42