What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Great Lakes  (Read 5726 times)

shppn4spa

Great Lakes
« on: June 12, 2005, 02:28:08 pm »
Any opinions on a Great Lakes spa, specifially the Forte?  I'm the one shopping in the Mercedes shop, perhaps it is time to go to the Chevy dealer.  I want a good spa and I fully understand you get what you pay for.  I worry about quality and warranty on the more economical brands.  When looking at the warranty for Great Lakes I can't find any info on the heater, that makes me nervous.

Hot Tub Forum

Great Lakes
« on: June 12, 2005, 02:28:08 pm »

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
Re: Great Lakes
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2005, 02:31:11 pm »
The CalSpas heater has a lifetime warranty.You may check them out! ;)
-SpaMan~

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2005, 02:35:10 pm »
I have heard very mixed things about them.....I thought they looked great at the last Aqua show.....I have been told and this is second hand so take it for what its worth about a few dealers who were also impressed with their looks and price points and did bring them in from the show have since dropped them, as they were less than hoped for......If you are looking at a spa for under $4000.00  Nordic might be a good choice....

J._McD

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2005, 02:49:43 pm »

Spaman, what is "LIFETIME" and why is it better? ???

spaman--

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2005, 02:52:51 pm »

I would extend this to CalSpas also has a full 5 year parts and labor warranty.I would keep this in mind when purchasing a $4000 spa as most companies on their $5000 and under class carries a lesser warranty.good luck in your search!!-SpaMan~
-SpaMan~

spaman--

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2005, 02:56:56 pm »
'Lifetime" Means as long as you own your tub in your "lifetime". Iit is better than a lesser period of time,because if it fails you can get a new one at no charge.Wich was what made the consumer "nervous".
-SpaMan~

J._McD

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2005, 03:09:43 pm »
Not to doubt your word, but is there somewhere I could read that in the warranty.  

The definition of lifetime, leagally in most states is limited to 7 years.  However if your warranty states differently, I would really like to see a copy of the warranty that states "as long as I own the spa" is the definition of "lifetime", otherwise, I would be of the opinion that the leagal default in a court dispute would be 7 years, not as you state.

To clarify your statement, as long as I own the Cal Spa you sell me, that heater would be replaced free of charge 12 or even 15 years from now fully covered under warranty at no charge to me for the part or the labor.  Would there be a trip charge maybe but still no cost of part or labor? ???

And would this be determined by the dealer or Cal Spas Corporate Customer Service 12 or 15 years from now?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2005, 03:14:32 pm by J._McD »

shppn4spa

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2005, 03:22:25 pm »
Nordic might be a good choice....

My closest Nordic dealer is roughly 250 miles away.  The wife of the real dealer thinks delivery should cost me extra but for warranty work they contract with a guy near me.  Anyone think that's a problem?  
In the Nordic line I prefer the Escape and Rendezvous line just from the specs.  Not too into the round tub.

spaman--

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2005, 03:57:56 pm »
The warranty says "lifetime" not what some court in California says and that is what CalSpas means by it.The warranty is for the part and would require a trip charge for the service center to install it.Now that I know the protocol is pic a part every post regarding warranty or construction I will be sure to ask any questions even if i know the answer.
-SpaMan~

shppn4spa

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2005, 04:00:34 pm »
Hello, let's get back to the subject.  Good chevy models, remember, the Mercedes is out of my price range.
;)

Rachel

• Four Winds Maverick I
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2005, 04:07:54 pm »
I'm with you. We couldn't afford the mercedes.  We wanted a tub for relaxation, don't live in a cold climate area so we were looking for the best price but good quality for the price and yes you pay more for better quality, we all know that but some of us cannot afford to get the best of the best.

We just bought a Four Winds Maverick I.  Our budget was $4,000.  It has a 5 year warranty  and the manufacturer as well as the dealer are local to us so it was also peace of mind knowing they are right nearby "God Forbid" anything were to go wrong.

Good luck in your search.

Rachel

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2005, 04:08:33 pm »
Spaman...

With all due respect your statement is exactly why there is a legal definition of the term ....life time warranty " and as mention in most states it means 7 years .....please tell me if after 7 years Cal Spas says (which in most they would have) they have fulfilled their legal warranty requirements and if it goes to court .....what is there to be said other than the spa man told me on line that it meant as long as I own it.....I am not trying to be argumentative but the reason there is a legal definition is to state when a warranty we be deemed fulfilled ....

spaman--

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2005, 06:11:28 pm »
Wait a minute!! Are you telling me that any manufacturer is going to court over a heater.I don't think so.Again the "lifetime" heater warranty means exactly as I stated.Guys we are talking about a heater here not a shell or a pak, it's a stinken' heater! "Lifetime Warranty" is written all over the heater itself.Lets move on!
-SpaMan~

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2005, 06:11:59 am »
I have had 2 very minor problems with my Great Lakes in the last 4 years and it was 4200 bucks. It performs well and the dealer has taken very good care of me.
Retired

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2005, 09:37:09 am »
See now my dealings with the Cal spas dealer were very mixed for me anyway. I went in for my wet test and I felt like the hot tub that I did my wet test in was very whimpy the jets were like stepping into a shower that has a shower head with lits of clacified holes plugged up, where as Coleman's were really nice, not to hard not to soft just right (like goldy locks) ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2005, 09:37:09 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42