What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sun Valley  (Read 2713 times)

shppn4spa

Sun Valley
« on: June 12, 2005, 09:40:31 pm »
Any opinions on Sun Valley Spas?

Hot Tub Forum

Sun Valley
« on: June 12, 2005, 09:40:31 pm »

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
Re: Sun Valley
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 09:52:24 am »
Avery small Manufacturer in TN. That does not offer much of a warranty,you will be responsible for trip charges if you have a problem,secondly the parts are only covered for 2 years and you have to purchase an extended warranty if you want the labor to be covered by any warranty.It seems they don't want the cost of repairs to be the manufacturer,but on the consumer.They do look nice on the website.When I turned the volume way up on my computer I could hear a little birdie singing in the back ground.It sound like this."cheap-cheap cheap-cheap)Just kidding!happy shopping I would look else where to invest my money.
-SpaMan~

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2005, 11:02:18 am »
Come on George, the cost of the warranty is ALWAYS paid for by the consumer. Whether it be as an extended warranty itemized in the sale of the spa, or as a "hidden" cost not itemized in the overall price of the spa.

If comparing 2 exact same spas, one $5000 with a 5 year warranty, and one $4000 plus $500 for a 5 year extended warranty........... well

An extended warranty is simply a way of lowing the initial price of the spa, and offering the consumer a choice of whether or not they want to spend the extra $ or take the risk.

Some will always take the insurance (piece of mind has value for many), others understand that insurance is a profitable business and the payout's average less than the premium (usually :-)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2005, 11:03:28 am by lets »
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2005, 11:16:02 am »

...If comparing 2 exact same spas, one $5000 with a 5 year warranty, and one $4000 plus $500 for a 5 year extended warranty........... well

An extended warranty is simply a way of lowing the initial price of the spa, and offering the consumer a choice of whether or not they want to spend the extra $ or take the risk.....

don't overlook one very important phrase "...Comparing 2 exact same spas..."

Each spa manufactued by the same company? same quality control? same process?

What if company "A"  has a more efficent process and higher trained staff and better equipment,? They can manufacture a better spa, faster and with better warrenty for less money.  
07 Caldera Geneva

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2005, 11:19:46 am »
Doc, As you are an Elder,a mentor and a friend you know you get no arguement from me.I guess I should suggest they at least offer a longer warranty at a higher price.This warranty just reads to be so lite that the customer is out of pocket on the very first service call.
Not knowing anything else about the product I offered (perhaps unfairly) no other advice,such as Balboa componants that is a "good thing" maybe they deserve asecond look.I just like to see,(wether paying for it or not a longer warranty.)Theres really only one spa I would steer a customer from and it is not this one.I applolgise for my jump to a sudden conclusion at a shoppers request. :-[ :-X :-*

How ya been Doc?
-SpaMan~

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2005, 11:19:46 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42