What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Chas master ?  (Read 3023 times)

jetster

• Bublin Jetsetter
Chas master ?
« on: June 12, 2005, 06:37:19 pm »
Chas,
Besides funky water how can you tell if the ozone is working.

Hot Tub Forum

Chas master ?
« on: June 12, 2005, 06:37:19 pm »

J._McD

Re: Chas master ?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2005, 08:04:12 pm »
I am not the "Chas Master", but I can answer the question, when the Master stops by, he can correct any mistakes in my response. ;D

A CD ozonator give off a continuous buzzing while it is operating.

A UV ozonator gives off a blue glow from the light within.

Some control panels will show an Icon or indicator lights when it is drawing electrical energy indicating that is operating.

The first signal that the ozonator is not working would be water conditions go bad and you will start using more chemical to maintain water quality.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2005, 08:06:26 pm by J._McD »

jetster

• Bublin Jetsetter
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2005, 09:11:12 pm »
J. McD,

I have a jetsetter with a cd ozonator and was wondering if I would here it over the circ pump?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2005, 09:11:56 pm by jetster »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2005, 11:18:19 pm »
I doubt you can hear the Freshwater III system running. It is a very quiet system.

Learn the smell of ozone - you'll notice it's absence if the system has a problem.

Also, as has been said, if you have crystal clear water for years and suddenly you have trouble keeping it clear...

Assuming my brother-in-law hasn't been in the tub!
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

iggythewetcat

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2005, 11:24:55 pm »
I have a jetsetter too b.t.w. When the Ozone is working there are bubbles coming up from the floor.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2005, 11:46:31 pm »
Well, if the bubbles stop it generally only means that the filter is dirty and ready to be cleaned off.

However, there can be bubbles without any ozone.  
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

jetster

• Bublin Jetsetter
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2005, 12:35:00 am »
Thanks for the info folks. Chas I thought it had a different smell. If I put my hand in the water away from the bubbles I dont smell anything. If I put my hand directly over the bubbles coming from the drain and immediatley smell it there is a definate odor and no its not my behind or upper lip.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2005, 07:49:46 am »
The Chas Master

« Last Edit: June 13, 2005, 07:52:03 am by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

J._McD

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2005, 10:23:30 am »
The presence of bubbles represents the suction draw through the plumbing that is attached to the ozonator.  We are either drawing ozone through the operating ozonator or we are drawing ambient air through an non-operating ozone and the non-working ozone is "out to lunch" injecting air into the tub which does nothing.

To confirm an operating ozonator check the ozonator (CD) for bussing sound and (UV) for the glow of the light

shabba34

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2005, 11:07:10 am »
The presence of bubbles represents the suction draw through the plumbing that is attached to the ozonator.  We are either drawing ozone through the operating ozonator or we are drawing ambient air through an non-operating ozone and the non-working ozone is "out to lunch" injecting air into the tub which does nothing.

To confirm an operating ozonator check the ozonator (CD) for bussing sound and (UV) for the glow of the light

Chas and J._McD are both correct, however the mere buzzing sound on the freshwater III ozone does not justify it is generating ozone.  We have on occasion seen seemingly normal operating ozone systems not generate any ozone, so it remains that learning the distinct odor of ozone is the best way to determine it's operating status.  ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2005, 11:07:10 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42