What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Define therapy jets?  (Read 2450 times)

jcmsrv

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Define therapy jets?
« on: June 12, 2005, 10:02:55 am »
I am the new owner of a Piper Glen that I love. I tested most major brands sold in my area and liked the Piper and the dealer the most. Many post I read talk about the difference in therapy of the jets. Can anyone explain what this difference is? I notice on my tub, I prefer the larger jets over the smaller ones, I dont like that needle effect. What else should I be looking for???

thanks
john

Hot Tub Forum

Define therapy jets?
« on: June 12, 2005, 10:02:55 am »

salesdvl

Re: Define therapy jets?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2005, 11:38:47 am »
nothing.  you made a good choice.
Measure once, cut twice.

J._McD

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2005, 03:02:48 pm »
"Therapy" is simply an adjective to imply the purpose of the jet.  The concept of soaking in Hot Water has a theraputic effect on the body and the jets do infact differ one from another as to how they performand what they do.  Obviously they all funnel water into the tub to impact certain points of the body.  They will differ in volumn, penetrating force and will impart differeing affects on the body and blood flow.

I would consider ALL water jets in a Hot Tub to be "Therapy" jets.  Which ones do you favor most in your newly accquired Best Hot Tub? ???

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2005, 03:06:39 pm »
Hydro Therapy is defined as the mixture of air, water and heat.

Many things are described as theraputic. Even the Spa-In-Box can be theraputic, but does not provide "hydro-therapy"
Homeworks Financing Representative

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2005, 04:18:41 pm »
All the answers above are correct ...I think what you are asking is something you have found out in your spa to be true ....that all jets are not the same ....that is why when you see someone claim 100 jets in a spa ....by and large the majority will be very small jets which are fine ....but most people will find out like you have discovered that smaller jets are not always the most comfortable to sit in front of ....and the larger jets require more flow to them so you will have less jets but in the end less may mean more comfortable therapy for you .....
« Last Edit: June 12, 2005, 04:19:31 pm by Mendocino101 »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2005, 04:18:41 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42