What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis- Broken Air Diverter  (Read 4447 times)

BadBack

• In a state of Euphoria!
Marquis- Broken Air Diverter
« on: June 08, 2005, 09:33:15 pm »
Just a quick question, two weeks ago one of the air controls on my Euphoria stopped working, it was only going full blast.  The dealer came out and replaced it the next day and it works fine.  Now yesterday the other air control valve is not working and this one is in the normal position.  The spa is about 3 months old.  What would cause this to happen.

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis- Broken Air Diverter
« on: June 08, 2005, 09:33:15 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Marquis- Broken Air Diverter
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 09:35:24 pm »
it happens out of about 130 spas that we have sold we replaced one to date ...it was also on the SA Euphoria ....

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2005, 09:47:33 pm »
What Mendo meant to say was "It happens, (comma)"

I have yet to replace one of these. We have replaced several diverters though before they went to the teflon rings....

rick_in_cleveland

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2005, 02:08:52 pm »
I had my diverter replaced 3 times on my 2003 Reward.  Always the handle breaking off.  But you are right, since they changed the design on the o-rings I have had no problems....But this was on the diverter valve to the zones not the air diverter.  I wasn't aware of an air diverter problem

saz

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2005, 04:42:05 pm »
We've got a reward too, and have had the handle replaced on the zones....when you looked down the (excuse my ignorance of tech terms here) the hole that the zone changer thingy came from, there was little burrs of plastic on the inside. This apparently had caused the diverter to become siezed, so that when I went to move it, I snapped the handle off. (I was .. um  'inebriated, i think the word is, at the time!!)

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2005, 10:17:43 pm »
We've got a reward too, and have had the handle replaced on the zones....when you looked down the (excuse my ignorance of tech terms here) the hole that the zone changer thingy came from, there was little burrs of plastic on the inside. This apparently had caused the diverter to become siezed, so that when I went to move it, I snapped the handle off. (I was .. um  'inebriated, i think the word is, at the time!!)

No you where not inegrated...er, inebrated...um anebre...What the heck...Drunk!

The diverter collected more dirt in the valve due to improper "blow-by" the would help it stay clean and the rubber o-rings also had a tendency to hang up on thier own. Marquis will give you new ones and that will eliminate the problem...

saz

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2005, 12:07:11 pm »
LOL - moi????  Drunk??? Stuart, I think you have me confused with someone!!! lmao
Yeah, when the nice man came to fiT my new handle, he changed the rubber ring things too, in both handles.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2005, 03:26:35 pm by saz »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2005, 12:07:11 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42