What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New Cement Question  (Read 1880 times)

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
New Cement Question
« on: June 10, 2005, 04:59:35 pm »
As you all know I just had concrete done this morning, and now it's starting to dry nicely, but, it looks like rain is comin in so..my question is should I cover the pad or is it ok if it gets wet??

Hot Tub Forum

New Cement Question
« on: June 10, 2005, 04:59:35 pm »

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
Re: New Cement Question
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2005, 05:37:34 pm »
Ok never mind that question, lol I called the cement place that we got the cement from he said once it gets a good solid top like it has right now it's ok in fact it's good to get it wet, helps it cure better so, for those of you out there with that certain question in your head, that's your answer. You can't walk on it, but it's ok if it gets wet.

drober30

• Loving my HS Vanguard!
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2005, 09:19:45 pm »
Ok never mind that question, lol I called the cement place that we got the cement from he said once it gets a good solid top like it has right now it's ok in fact it's good to get it wet, helps it cure better so, for those of you out there with that certain question in your head, that's your answer. You can't walk on it, but it's ok if it gets wet.

That's exactly what my cement guy said here in Michigan and there was no rain in the forcast just conversation regarding his trade.

autoplay

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2005, 10:56:00 pm »
If you want it to cure really hard,you can lightly sprinkle it with water,once,twice a day,and after watering it,cover it with a tarp/plastic etc.  Do this for the next 30 days,if you want the cement crystals to grow and interlock for a strong/hard cure.

Tile/stone mason here,not blowing smoke ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2005, 10:56:00 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42