What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Microban Filters on Artesian  (Read 3078 times)

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Microban Filters on Artesian
« on: June 07, 2005, 10:43:23 pm »
I need help with a question I have regarding the Microban filters in my  tub. When I ordered the tub with the circ pump I guess they give it those types of filters (2). I bought replacement filters from my dealer so it's just a matter of popping in new filters when I need to clean the filters.

Unfortunately, I didn't buy Microban (or maybe they don't sell) filters for replacement, just regular filters.

My question to anyone with experience with these is - Does it matter if I use them as either the circ pump filter or the therapy pump filter? My gut feeling is that it doesn't matter but the dealer at delivery said the Microban's clog faster.

Thanks for all help!

Vinny

Hot Tub Forum

Microban Filters on Artesian
« on: June 07, 2005, 10:43:23 pm »

Cgar

• Havanas and hot tubs... a match made in heaven.
Re: Microban Filters on Artesian
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 09:17:48 am »
Ya, those things can cause flow restriction in a hurry.  They are installed from the factory for the circ pump.  Ideally I would recommend that you ditch the red filter and replace it with one of the blue ones (sounds like The Matrix... blue pill, red pill).  Barring that, we have also recommended that clients swap the filters, placing the red (Microban) filter on the therapy pump intake side.  This will remedy the situation to a degree, but you will have to ensure that you clean the red filter, in particular, on a very regular basis (soak it in cleaning solution).  This should avoid the 'low flow' issue that I've seen repeatedly.

Hope this helps.

jcmsrv

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2005, 05:27:39 pm »
Hi Vinny, how the install going??? I have had my tub sunce May 1st, and I also bought a set of replacement filters one microban, two regular. I changed all filters this weekend and cleaned the ones I pulled out. They all looked clean, I soaked each one overnight and cleaning solvent is still clean and they all rinsed clean?????. Micro ban looked the same as the rest???? My water has been clear and clean since I started. we had some surface scum at first and I have had some foam a couple of times If you use the non-microban filter for the cir pump. let me know how it works. I paid 59.00 for the microban filter and 49.00 for the regular
john

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2005, 10:03:30 pm »
Thanks for the responses!

Cgar,

I received 2 red filters on the tub, a Cayman, and my dealer said to use the Microban on the circ pump. I planned to label the filters 1 thru 4 and alternate them. Dealer also said to clean the filters on a weekly basis. I guess that I will TRY to keep them as clean as possible and alternate them as planned and if I do get a flow problem then I will use them only as the therapy pump filter.

John,

Since I did buy the regular filters, I do plan on using them for the circ pump whenever it comes up for their rotation. I was a little surprised that they gave me 2 Microban filters so I will deal with it for now. The dealer said I was set for about 4 years with the 2 sets of filters that I have but when the time comes to replace them,  I will only get the regular filters (assuming they will be available in the future). I paid about $42 for the regular filter and I didn't see the Microban filter. If I ever figure out this Artesian filter sizing that all the on-line retailers seem to have (25 Sq Ft vs 50 Sq ft, 7, 8 or 9" ... ) I probably will order them on line as $200 for 2 sets of filter seems a little expensive to me.

Thanks again!

Vinny
« Last Edit: June 08, 2005, 10:03:51 pm by Vinny »

jcmsrv

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2005, 03:25:01 pm »
Vinny

Are you up and running yet!!!!!!!!!!!
john

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2005, 06:32:51 pm »
Vinny

Are you up and running yet!!!!!!!!!!!
john

John,

No I'm not!! :(

My friend the electrician is running a little behind on his own project and he has a dead line and I don't. I told him not to worry about me until his project is done (he's having a graduation party on Sat -  that's the dead line). He promises that he will be over on next Thurs thru Sat (he didn't tell me exactly what day) to get the tub up and running. I also have to put the decking down to get to it, I plan on starting this maybe this weekend!

Although I am anxious to start it up, I do understand as my own project is becoming monstrous on it's own!

Vinny

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2005, 08:07:07 pm »
Vin,

I don't think the Microban filter is going to make that much of a difference. All of my display models are using the regular filters, all 15 of them. The water is crystal clear and tests perfectly.
Let me know when you finally get up and running, we'll celebrate over at Fezzis...

hottubber... ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2005, 08:07:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42