What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: The Tub has arrived!  (Read 4091 times)

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
The Tub has arrived!
« on: June 04, 2005, 03:25:18 pm »
It is sitting in it's spot! ;D

It looks better than I anticipated.

Tomorrow the main deck frame gets done and my friend's coming over Wed to wire the tub and the decking should start next weekend!

I should have easy access to the tub and be in hot water by Sunday night!  ;D ;D ;D

Hot Tub Forum

The Tub has arrived!
« on: June 04, 2005, 03:25:18 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: The Tub has arrived!
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2005, 04:14:06 pm »
Good For you Vinny....You have been a patient man....Do Enjoy..... :D

jcmsrv

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2005, 04:54:55 pm »
Enjoy Vinny!!!! I had mine since May 1st, its' been great!
Artesian a great tub  When it wired, make sure the GFI breaker has lug for white wire also. Artesian has power running thru white and if you ground white to buss, GFI will always trip. Lesson learned during my install.

john

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2005, 06:43:36 pm »
Congrats vinny!! We have our frame done for the concrete (that comes wed) and now they are getting ready to start the electrical!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2005, 06:44:08 pm »
Congratulations,  A well deserved soak is coming soon! Good luck.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2005, 09:34:35 pm »
Hang in there!  It won't be long now!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

devilwoman

• Love football, hiking, biking, and photography
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2005, 05:23:14 pm »
Vinny,

Which tub did you get?  I just ordered a Dove Canyon and am building the deck.  It will be sunken into a subdeck.  When I get a chance I will show pictures.
Dichlor, N2, Ozone and an Artesian Dove Canyon.

devilwoman

• Love football, hiking, biking, and photography
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2005, 05:24:50 pm »
Enjoy Vinny!!!! I had mine since May 1st, its' been great!
Artesian a great tub  When it wired, make sure the GFI breaker has lug for white wire also. Artesian has power running thru white and if you ground white to buss, GFI will always trip. Lesson learned during my install.

john

Is that true for all artesians?  Would a electircian know this or is this something special?
Dichlor, N2, Ozone and an Artesian Dove Canyon.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2005, 06:08:56 pm »
Yeah Vinny!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vinny got a hot tub!  Vinny got a hot tub!  Vinny got a hot tub!

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2005, 09:53:32 pm »
Vinny,

Which tub did you get?  I just ordered a Dove Canyon and am building the deck.  It will be sunken into a subdeck.  When I get a chance I will show pictures.

I bought the Grand Cayman. I was supposed to have it sunken into the deck I'm building also but I goofed in my measurements and it sits higher than anticipated. Thats the bad news ... but it turns out not so bad as I didn't have to build a trap door to get to the electronics and motors! It turns out that it's about 11 1/2" lower with the decking on and it seems the perfect height to sit on the side and swing my leg into the tub. I was fearful it would be too high and need a step (the reason why I sunk it was to eliminate the step) but it seems to be a good mistake.

Be aware that with the Platinum class - you have 5 pumps and need access to them. My Cayman actually has 3 pumps and a Circ pump and at delivery I found out that the 3rd therapy pump is under the filter (I specifically asked where the three pumps were to the dealer and was told all three would be in the equipment bay) and it now sits about 18" from the end of the deck where the railing is going - hopefully it won't be a repair nightmare when and if it needs service!

As for the electrical requirements - my dealer gave me a sheet with a electrical diagram on how to wire the spa. I gave this to my friend and he's impressed on how detailed this wiring info is. If you need it, I will dig it out and figure a way to let you see it (maybe I could take a picture of it and post the picture).

Good Luck and I too will be posting pictures when my deck gets close to being done!

Stuart,

I enjoyed skipping to the Marquis even though it's an Artesian- THANKS!!  :D ;D

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2005, 10:34:20 pm »
Vinny,
Good luck with your Artesian Spa. I am sure you will have many years of enjoyful soaks.

hottubber... ;D

Drewski

• Artesian Piper Glen since 1999 in Beachtown, USA
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2005, 01:36:54 pm »
CONGRATS Vinny!

Now, you're NOT going to be one of those 95 degree users, are you?

Peace and hot water brother!

Devilwoman, (DEVILwoman? I won't even ASK about that nick -- well, what the heck -- do you have horns?  ;)) the "standard" GFI breaker will work fine for your Artesian tub, most of the GFIs you can buy today rated for 220V/50 AMP are "3 lug," meaning they have 2 "hot" wires and one "neutral." Click here for an example currently on Ebay.

BTW, how did you like the Dove Canyon? I'm considering it for my next tub in a few years.

Drewski

8)
It's a HOT tub... anything else is just a POOL!

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2005, 02:23:59 pm »
95 degrees - isn't that too hot  ??? ONLY JOKING - I can't wait to be in 100 + degree water!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2005, 02:23:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42