What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Seating size???  (Read 2284 times)

PGA

• Still Learning!!!
Seating size???
« on: June 02, 2005, 01:34:26 pm »
I have been lurking in the wings, reading old posts, and have gleaned much valuable knowledge. Thanks for such a great forum and all the information. My question is this....My wife and I have finally ready to take the plunge.. My wife is 5'0" and most seats are to short for her. We have only dry tested so far but will wet test once we find one that feels good to her. Is this a good way or do they fit differently when you wet test them. Also some have suggested a booster seat for her. Is that a good idea. It just sounded funny to me. If anyone has any experience with this please let me know what makes and models might work so we can narrow down our search.

Thanks........... ;D    

Hot Tub Forum

Seating size???
« on: June 02, 2005, 01:34:26 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Seating size???
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2005, 01:43:54 pm »
I think you should definately wet test.  You have buoyancy (sp?) in the water that will make the seat feel different from a dry spa.  
Mrs. Brewman is vertically challenged, the therapy throne in our Optima puts here well into the water, but she scootches herself against the footwell and can manage to sit there.  
Our spa's seats are all at different heights.
Check out booster seats, though.  We don't have any, but would if SWMBO wanted one.  
Sorry I can't recall from my wet testing what spa seat heights were in relation to each other.  
Brewman
Brewman

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2005, 02:16:08 pm »
My wife is 5'0" and most seats are to short for her. We have only dry tested so far but will wet test once we find one that feels good to her.  

I think we need our resident 60" female to give feedback on this. Lori, where are you?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2005, 03:30:10 pm »
I'm here!!  *Waving hand wildly*

They will feel differently wet!  I like the fit of my Vanguard!  I can sit in all the seats (there is one moto-massage seat that is a little deeper than the other, and I can have difficulty with it, if the water level is too high, but I usually leave that one for my hubby)!!!

I dry tested an LA HEET model, and I knew some of the seats would be a bit deep, but when I wet tested it, I felt like I was drowning!  LOL!!

You can get booster seats, they fill with water (or sand) and will let someone (I'm 5'0", too) like me fit into those seats, but I felt I might miss some of the jets in the lower part of the seat, they would be hitting the booster seat instead of my lower back!

Anyway, put your suits on and wet test!  That will make a huge difference, plus, you can see what works for both of you!!!

Did I confuse you more?   :P

You will have to get wet!  But think of the fun!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

jeffn49

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2005, 02:41:45 pm »
My wife, who is 5'3", found that the small lounge in the Dimension One Diplomat is just right for her.  The arm rests also help her keep from floating.  You might look at that spa.

PGA

• Still Learning!!!
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2005, 04:19:37 pm »
Thanks for the ideas.... ;D....We are going to look at Sundance, D1 and Artisian(sp?) today to see if there is anything we want to wet test and to meet the dealers.  We have already been to master(dealer not show) and were quoted 7995.00 for a LS 700 is that a good price? They seem to be well built with very powerful jets...... Will let you know how things go today.  

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2005, 06:16:18 pm »
Ok, now I can give you my take on what I wet tested and saw in person!  (D-1 dealer was 90 miles away and wouldn't return my phone call, so...I didn't see them!)

I didn't know about Artesian (and that I had a dealer here) until after I had made a decision!  The Sundance Altamar worked great for me, the lounge fit perfect, because I am smaller.  My husband would have hated that lounge, but I found a no lounge model that I loved.  Anyway, different story.

Oh yeah, my Jacuzzi dealer turned out to be the Master Dealer.  By the time I wanted to check them out, my Jacuzzi dealer closed his doors for good!  (As a matter of fact, a mere week after wet testing a J-360.)

I don't think you could go wrong with any of the brands you are looking at!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

dentlfly

• maxxus owner
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2005, 12:21:40 pm »
my wife is 5'4" and i am 5'9". we wet tested hotsprings, dimension 1 and sundance. all the seats in the sundance maxxus worked great for both of us, lounger and all. neither of us floated out of the lounger. the sundance cameo has some of the same seats and lounger in a smaller footprint. that being said, you must wet test to know for sure what will work for you. we wanted the ability to use most or all of the seats in a tub and not be limited to just 1 or 2 that work; to me that is a compromise. have fun wet testing!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2005, 12:21:40 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42