What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: When to change water?  (Read 2843 times)

tappertee

When to change water?
« on: June 03, 2005, 11:05:59 pm »
This may be an old question but I'm still not clear on
when you should drain the tub and fill with new water?  Does it matter how much use it gets, or should you change it at certain intervals? Mine has been in for 4 months(new tub) and doesn't smell and looks clear.  I'm the only one that uses it regularly (15 -20 min.) a day.  I'm going to change it tomorrow just because I think it's time.  Also, what effect does the chemicals have on your lawn?  Should I use a hose to drain it to the back of my yard?

Thanks,
Tappertee

Hot Tub Forum

When to change water?
« on: June 03, 2005, 11:05:59 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re:  When to change water?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2005, 09:37:06 am »
Don't add your santizer the night before you know your are going to drain it. My lawn looks best right now where I drain the tub.  4 months is quite a while, but not unheard of for single person use and proper care. Since you have decided to change it. Make one last soak and run the jets, make a good mental note and then change the water,  When you get a fresh reminder of what new water is like that will help serve as a gauge for the next change.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2005, 10:24:26 am »
Smaller tub - I usually say roughly three months. Larger tub, four months.

If you add very few chems, you can stretch that.

If you use Baqua, 90 days or less.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2005, 10:24:26 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42