What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: vanguard hot springs  (Read 3602 times)

mindy

vanguard hot springs
« on: June 02, 2005, 09:28:33 pm »
I'm ready to purchase a vanguard hot springs hot tub and after reading up on them I noticed they offer a classic model with a Endurol® shell is this worth considering? what about the sound system? Any opinions on the vanguard model would be appreciated since it's not here yet....thanks

Hot Tub Forum

vanguard hot springs
« on: June 02, 2005, 09:28:33 pm »

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
Re: vanguard hot springs
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2005, 06:32:12 am »
It is a great tub!!  Fantastic tub!!!  (Can you tell, I love mine!)

I got the pearl, not the endurol, but you can't go wrong with any color of the Vanguard!  

I didn't get the sound system, but I have heard great things about it!  I actually prefer to listen to the sounds of nature while in the tub!  But that is just me!

What else do you want to know?  I have had mine for approximately 20 months, and absolutely adore it!  Don't know what I did before I bought it, and I can't believe it took me so long to buy one in the first place!!!

Good luck!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

mindy

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2005, 07:43:14 am »
Hi Lori
Thanks for getting back to me so soon with the good news about your tub, do you think this is a good size for a family of four (two boys 16 and 13) I liked the energy efficiency of this model. Is there anything else I really need to include when making my purchase?
 :) :) :)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2005, 07:44:36 am by mindy »

drober30

• Loving my HS Vanguard!
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2005, 09:58:50 am »
I purchased the vanguard and it should be delivered on June 10th  :D  Pearl/Coastal Grey

I think the Endurol finish is supposed to stand up to more abuse other than that I personally don’t think it is more appealing over the other color choices.

The sound system for $2000 which is what my dealer said it cost I think it’s a huge waste of money. The one I demoed had poor sound quality.

When you could get a quality set of outdoor speakers, receiver and even XM or Sirius radio and have lots left over I don’t think its wise spending the money on a sound system tied to the spa.

If you ever sell the spa or get a new one down the road you will still have your sound system.

shabba34

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2005, 11:50:39 am »
If you chose the classic series vanguard, you will be downgrading to 1 jet pump vs. 2, and two single moto-jets vs. 1 single and one double moto massage jet, and no waterfall.  You would have the same set up that Lori has on her 03' vanguard.   ;)

Lori

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2005, 01:39:11 pm »
Mindy,

I think it would work, but of course, wet testing would be the ideal test for this theory!  I'm not sure how big your sons are, but it should work!  Of course, I'm usually in mine alone, so it doesn't matter!   ;)

I would tell you to consider (if you are going with the classic model; 1 pump with single moto-massage in 2 seats) getting the alternate face plate for one of your moto-massage seats!  This brings an additional level of therapy (it has nine holes essing up and down instead of the standard 4 hole).  The seat I put the alternate plate on is my absolute favorite!  If you get a new model, they have the new dual moto-massage jets, and there isn't an alternate face plate for those, as of yet!

Good luck!  I'm sure you will love it!!!

Ritz

• Vanguard 2004
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2005, 04:50:50 pm »
We have the 04 Vanguard and we wet-tested with 2 good sized kids (14 & 10) - it's ok, but the grandee might be a better fit.  I preferred the cool down seat in the Vanguard - it's the one that everyone fights over on hot days or if we're in the tub for a while.  Usually it's just 2 or 3 in at a time and it has plenty of room.  Girls night out with 4 women was fine too.  Best bet is to wet-test with the whole crew... ;)

mindy

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2005, 05:02:24 pm »
Thanks for all the imput.  It looks like I'm going to stick with the Vanguard, I doubt if my family will ever all be in it at the same time anyway.  The pearl interior and redwood exterior are my final choices.  Thanks to everyones advice it looks like I'm going to skip on the radio and the classic model.  Now I'm just waiting for the concrete.  We are going to make a stamped concrete patio and put the spa on it free standing.  There are a lot of fancy ideas on the hot spring website but I don't feel like waiting the whole summer to get something done.  Concrete seems like the fastest and easiest way to go.  I'll keep you posted :) :) :) :) :)

Lori

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2005, 07:17:02 pm »
Congratulations Mindy!

May your wait be short, and your years with clean, hot, bubbly water be long!!!

Please, keep us updated!  You won't regret it!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2005, 07:17:02 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42