What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Beachcomber or Jacuzzi?  (Read 2921 times)

joeyd

Beachcomber or Jacuzzi?
« on: June 01, 2005, 01:12:42 pm »
Okay... I put down a refundable $200.00 deposit on a Jacuzzi J-385.   Thought I was done.  Now the local company putting in my pool tells me they wished that I would first look at their Beachcomber 700 series (I'd say 750 or 740-b/c of the lounge required by my wife ;)).  Also, the Beachcomber may be a little less expensive and looks nice.  So, I'm again...a little confused.  What say ye o' respected counsel of hottub pals?  I need to get this figured out kinda quickly.  Thanks again!!!

Hot Tub Forum

Beachcomber or Jacuzzi?
« on: June 01, 2005, 01:12:42 pm »

zzaphod42

Re: Beachcomber or Jacuzzi?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2005, 01:37:14 pm »
Okay... I put down a refundable $200.00 deposit on a Jacuzzi J-385.   Thought I was done.  Now the local company putting in my pool tells me they wished that I would first look at their Beachcomber 700 series (I'd say 750 or 740-b/c of the lounge required by my wife ;)).  Also, the Beachcomber may be a little less expensive and looks nice.  So, I'm again...a little confused.  What say ye o' respected counsel of hottub pals?  I need to get this figured out kinda quickly.  Thanks again!!!

As practically everyone on here will tell you...let the wet test be your guide.

joeyd

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2005, 01:47:38 pm »
I plan to do the wet test.  But, I'm looking for other opinions as well.  Ya know...reputation of products and company...etc.  

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2005, 02:00:10 pm »
Go ahead and check out the Beachcomber as well. It's better to sit in your spa knowing you exhausted your options rather than sit in a new Jacuzzi wondering if you should have checked out the beachcomber. Satisfy your curiousity.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2005, 02:13:11 pm »
Other than the good information you have received here already, both companies make very strong products and the 750 & 740 are amoung the most comfortable spas built IMO.

I've never sat in a J-385 but the company seems reputable! ;) I've never liked Jacuzzi's filtration personally but... :-/

You really need to wet test both with everyone in your family who's going to be using it to get a real idea of what fits all of you best. Both companies have been around a long time due to the fact that one brand isn't always best for everyone.

Steve

golferm

• Tiger River Bengal Owner
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2005, 04:36:32 pm »
Hey Joey.... I currently own  Jacuzzi J-355, and have had a Beachcomber in the past.  Both are great tubs.  I wouldn't put too much stock into anyone saying their filtration is better than the other guy's.  Just find the tub that fits you the best, and suits your needs.  My needs were were for hydrotherapy, and IMO, Jacuzzi is better at that then Beachcomber.  Again, this is based on actually owning both brands.  

My water is clear all the time, and the tub is very easy to take care of.  I have a coastal synthetic cabinet w/ Platinum shell, CD Ozone, and use Dichlor as my sanitizer (easiest, cheapest way to do it - don't let them talk you into Bromine - it's much more expensive)

Good luck, and definitely do that wet test!!

Mark

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2005, 05:10:31 pm »
Hey Joey.... I currently own  Jacuzzi J-355, and have had a Beachcomber in the past.  Both are great tubs.  I wouldn't put too much stock into anyone saying their filtration is better than the other guy's.  Just find the tub that fits you the best, and suits your needs.  My needs were were for hydrotherapy, and IMO, Jacuzzi is better at that then Beachcomber.  Again, this is based on actually owning both brands.  

My water is clear all the time, and the tub is very easy to take care of.  I have a coastal synthetic cabinet w/ Platinum shell, CD Ozone, and use Dichlor as my sanitizer (easiest, cheapest way to do it - don't let them talk you into Bromine - it's much more expensive)

Good luck, and definitely do that wet test!!

Mark

I wouldn't put too much stock into anyone saying their sanitizer is better than the other guy's. Again, this is based on actually using both types of sanitizers and cost is very similar.  

I had a Beachcomber and actually had the option of changing the type of therapy to customize it to my needs by interchanging the jets. Nice feature!

That top paragraph looks familiar... :-/ Just havin some fun witch ya Mark! ;D

Steve

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2005, 07:06:21 pm »
I really looked at the jacuzzi tubs and thought that they were great looking tubs.  Once I got inside the jacuzzi, I did not like the feel of the tub.

I know you want someone to be able to give you that magic answer that changes your mind, but ultimately you have to sit and feel whats best.  That way when you are sitting in the tub, you are not wondering, what if?  

Good luck and keep us posted on what you decided.

golferm

• Tiger River Bengal Owner
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2005, 10:33:41 am »

I wouldn't put too much stock into anyone saying their sanitizer is better than the other guy's. Again, this is based on actually using both types of sanitizers and cost is very similar.  

I had a Beachcomber and actually had the option of changing the type of therapy to customize it to my needs by interchanging the jets. Nice feature!

That top paragraph looks familiar... :-/ Just havin some fun witch ya Mark! ;D

Steve

I get ya Steve....(good Alberta sarcasm - I'm from Calgary)

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2005, 06:11:18 pm »
I get ya Steve....(good Alberta sarcasm - I'm from Calgary)

Sorry to hear that Mark... :-/ ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2005, 06:11:18 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42