What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: The wait is excruciating!!!  (Read 3482 times)

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
The wait is excruciating!!!
« on: May 31, 2005, 05:57:17 pm »
This is going to be the LONGEST three weeks of my entire life!!!!!!! I'm in agony :-/ here waiting for the next three weeks for this spatopia to arrive, my tub is ordered, and now hubby and I are going to start doing electrical, cement slab (8 x 10 ) and the gazebo and 2 sets of stairs one for the actual hot tub and one off the existing porch, so maybe it will keep me busy enough to actually not be in pain! hahaha Oh by the way, I am supervisor on this project, I just sit and look pretty and lend my had for a "hold this here" project every now and then, so this is going to be a long three weeks!!!

Happy Hot Tubbing you all!!!!!

Backpains out for now!

Hot Tub Forum

The wait is excruciating!!!
« on: May 31, 2005, 05:57:17 pm »

Payton3485

• 2005 Sundance Majesta
Re: The wait is excruciating!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 06:18:51 pm »
The time will pass quicker than you think, trust me. We were originally told the spa should take 4-6 weeks for delivery (manufacturer's time frame). Our dealer told us that it would be more like 3-4 weeks. Well, about 2 weeks into the wait, our spa was ready for delivery  ;D. It was a fast 2 weeks and we had the base ready for the spa to sit on when it was delivered. The electrical was then completed 3 days later. Now the real fun begins as we build the deck around the spa! We can't wait till it's done, it will be our very own private resort  ;D.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2005, 08:28:58 pm »
I cant wait for three weeks.  I put my deposit down in February.  I am picking the tub up in August due to finances mainly and two im still waiting for my 1700sq ft. cement job to be finished.   After the cement is finished they recommend at least a month before I put that kind of weight on the cement.

Im going crazy and I feel your pains.  Deep breaths, the end is near.

Backpains

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2005, 10:06:52 pm »
Bosco where do you live that they require that you wait??? I've never heard that I told the concrete guy what I'm putting on the slab and he didn't say anything like that

Reno-Spa

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2005, 09:00:00 am »
Most concrete should have around 85% of it's strength after 7 days, while full stength is after 28 days. What kind concrete did you pour? Was is fiber reinforced?

Revlis

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2005, 10:01:18 am »
The thicker the pad, the longer the wait, because the inside of the pad is still drying.  My 13" pad was still green on the sides after a week when I took apart the form.

My contractor said it'd be ok after a week, but might develop some stress cracks and not last as long down the road if loading it too early.  *shrug*  I believe him I guess.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2005, 07:12:47 pm »
I am doing exposed agrigate with colur cement and natural stones.  It is 5" deep, reinforced with barb.  The concrete guy said that it is best to wait 28 days for best drying before heavy weight goes on it.

He says this will prevent stress cracks and improper setting.  My cement is rated at 35.  I dont know what that means but they say it is good cement.

Thats what they told me, and I am not going to chance a 20,000 job because I wanted the tub up sooner.  

Backpains

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2005, 07:19:13 pm »
so, I should wait 30 days to put my hot tub on my cement pad????? I can't wait that long!!!!!!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2005, 07:41:26 pm »
so, I should wait 30 days to put my hot tub on my cement pad????? I can't wait that long!!!!!!

I don't think the contractor is saying Bosco can't put the spa on the pad for that long. i think he's just telling him not to FILL it with water. ;) It does seem a bit long but I'm not a contractor so ...
220, 221, whatever it takes!

shabba34

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2005, 08:09:37 pm »
If the pad is poured properly and has the proper stress joints in place, there is no reason why you can't place an item that distributes 90-120 pounds per sq ft on it.  7 days is plenty. ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2005, 08:09:37 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42