What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Delivery...what's included?  (Read 3931 times)

Steve

• Ultimate Member
Delivery...what's included?
« on: June 01, 2005, 11:34:37 am »
So I thought I would pose this question to all (dealers & consumers) as it's something that can vary substancially from store to store.

Over and above the price of the spa, is delivery and set up included or what is the cost for this? Does it include a site inspection prior to delivery as well as a full on-site training of the operation of the spa and correct chemical use? What is the range for your delivery and the cost associated to deliver out of town?

Were the chemicals supplied free of charge or was there an additional cost? Did your dealer supply contact information for deck builders if needed or electricians?

How could this procedure have been better for you?

Steve

Hot Tub Forum

Delivery...what's included?
« on: June 01, 2005, 11:34:37 am »

r100rs

• A real BMW only has 2 wheels!
Re: Delivery...what's included?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2005, 11:41:06 am »
I believe mine included the following.

Delivery, Install, Steps, Cover, Start Up and 3 months worth of chemicals, Initial Training, and Site Inspection (if I wanted it).

They no longer recomend deck builders or electricians.

r100rs

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2005, 11:58:49 am »
Our dealer has 2 price points:

Base package includes:
Pre-delivery site evaluation
Delivery to the spa pad
Spa with cover
Startup visit

For an additional Cost:
All of the above plus:
Steps
Cover Lifter
Startup Chemicals

Brewman
Brewman

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2005, 12:11:06 pm »
Every spa we sell comes with the following:

Delivery
Set-up (except electric)
50 amp sub-panel on 220v spas
Water care kit
Spa Operation Orientation
Water Care Orientation
Cleanup

We will deliver free within a 60 mile radius.  (Actually, we've never charged extra)

We have recommended deck builders and electricians in the past, but every single one of them has dropped the ball at some point.  They are generally a PITA.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2005, 12:34:25 pm »

You expect me to remember?  LOL!   ;)

Delivery and set up were included in my price.  Site inspection, as well as chemical instructions (and the chemicals were provided for free or I should say, included in the price)!  I was around 35 - 40 miles away, and no extra charge (included in my price).  I did have to pay for the crane to deliver, but I expected that.  My dealer offered to give me references for electric, but a friend's dad did that for me, so it was not necessary!  When the dealer came to get me set-up with the chemical regimen, he brought a box with him.  It had the chemicals, a laminated sheet with instructions, some floating candles, a couple of bottles of aroma therapy scents (which included a calming cd), and an inflatable drink tray.  Oh yeah, when I put down my deposit, he gave me the alternate moto-massage face plate, because I gave him all of the research I had accumulated while looking!

Is that what you were looking for?
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2005, 01:11:49 pm »
My delivery included putting the access cover back on by myself, despite not having the special tool  - No Charge.

Showing one of the guys how to assemble the steps - No Charge

A hole in my cover - No Charge

Incorrect mounting of the lift kit - No Charge

And a sales presentation for a $200 chemical kit -Again, no charge.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

buckeyespa

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2005, 01:24:10 pm »
Former dealer. We did include spa, start up kit, cover, and delivery. Of course, none of this is free, it was all margined into the cost. Steps, cover lift, were extra. Customer was responsible for GFI. We provided electrical drawing to give to their electricians.

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2005, 01:33:27 pm »
Ok..heres what mine includes (haven't delivered yet, ordered yesterday) This is Coleman in Billings Montana.

1 coleman 461 dlx with cover lift deluxe cover cem kit (we are using bromine) and a bottle of conditioner for the cover

Delivery is 75 miles so that was an extra $100

The delaer said that delivery also includes set up electrical and filled, also includes inital training

all this for a grand total price of $5700.00 which is paid in full since I just UPS'd a check to them today  ;D (am I happy or what!?)

Ritz

• Vanguard 2004
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2005, 04:41:42 pm »
delivery included:
pre delivery site inspection (didn't use)
delivery (about 40 miles away)
hookup tub to electric (already in conduit run from GFCI),
fill with water, test water, add initial chemicals
install cover lifter (lifter not included, was $299 cover lifter II)
chemical starter kit with instruction booklet & video
explanation of draining, refilling process
test of jets once tub was filled
delivery crew was friendly, helpful & efficient.  Didn't ask for deck/electrical references

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2005, 04:46:49 pm »
My dealer includes delivery to your spot up to 48" tall providing an approx gate opening of 42", start up chems (approx 4 months worth including N2 cartridge) and orientation once the spa is filled. They do not hook up to the electricity. There isn't an extra cost for delivery.

No pre site inspection was given prior to purchase although a lot of questions were asked about my backyard delivery and they did give me a "spec" sheet on how to build a 150 PSF deck for the tub to sit on.

The spa is sold with cover, ozonator, SS rings on jets with the above  as standard pricing. Artesian then a la carte's everything else.

Gaia

• Bubbles! Bubbles! My bubbles!!!!
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2005, 04:57:52 pm »
Ordered the bullfrog. I should be getting a call about arranging a delivery sometime this week.  :D   :D

They will hold the spa for as long as I need them to in their local warehouse (as if I'm not going to arrange to get that baby ASAP!)  free delivery (60 miles), and will bring indoors. Traded my 1995 Blue Ridge- they will take at same time. No electric hook up.  Base includes cover, ozonator, LED light, basic 3 month chemical kit (of my choice), bottle of aromatherapy scent.  
When I told them I was going Florida for a vacation the next day, they also gave me a bottle of suntan lotion.  hehehe.  Nice touch.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2005, 04:57:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42