What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cleaning CD Ozonator  (Read 2472 times)

autoplay

Cleaning CD Ozonator
« on: May 28, 2005, 11:45:41 am »
What do I do to clean the Ozonator?  

Where is it located on my 2003 Caldera Geneva Utopia.

Thx,Rich

Hot Tub Forum

Cleaning CD Ozonator
« on: May 28, 2005, 11:45:41 am »

J._McD

Re: Cleaning CD Ozonator
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2005, 11:54:11 am »
That would be a good question.  Most CD's are a closed cell unit and not subject to serviceing, some have a replaceable chip.  

In short, whether it is CD or UV both have limited life expectancies.  

The UV bulb, yo can always clean dust residuals from the bulb, but it will eventually expire.  Best recommendation at that time, buy a new one don't replace the bulb.

The CD is the equivilent of a supercharged "spark plug" which eventuall carbons up making it less effective.  Best solution, contact the dealer or manufacturer of the CD to determine serviceability of the particular unit.

Keep in mind, what you pay to repair or replace amounts to the money you didn't spend on chemicals.  IMHO, ozone is well worth the cost of replacement.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2005, 12:54:03 am »
Are you possibly referring  to the ozone injector?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Kyle

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2005, 10:48:58 am »
Most CD systems require contact cleaning every year, usually stated in the manual of the ozone system.  Call the dealer or Caldera and ask how to service or um pay for the service, because it probably has to be serviced by a trained technician.  It's no different than the home systems you can buy now.  They have grids or chips that have to be replaced or cleaned, etc.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2005, 10:48:58 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42