What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Need a bit of advice  (Read 2721 times)

mark_in_calif

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Need a bit of advice
« on: May 28, 2005, 07:09:50 pm »
I am a frequent lurker and have benefited greatly from the discussions-now i have a question. Finally my wife and i are going to pull the trigger this weekend. What to do??

Over the last few 4 months we've wet tested a ton of tubs and have narrowed it down to Jacuzzi 385, coleman 482, and Artesian dove canyon. All have their pluses and minuses-all fit fine, so no overwhelming winner.

Now it comes to prices and dealers and all include cover, fancy lifter, steps, delivery, chems, etc).
The coleman is a '05 482premium with stereo for 9500 out the door-includes tax (no ozone tho.)

The Dove is a '04 floor tester model with everything except led lighting option for about 9200 out the door.(i am concerned on the dove's ozone. i hear its not cd?)

Jacuzzi 385 would be an '04 with stereo. we didnt get exact price but i gotta believe we could get it for 8500-8700 out the door.

Dealers: We like both the artesian and coleman dealers but dont really like the jacuzzi sales person. he is constantly annoying and basically ignores us most of the time but is part of a large reliable chain.
Both coleman and jacuzzi are within 8-10 miles of our house. the Artesian dealer is about 25-30 miles away.

so based on the infinite wisdom of this board, we'd love to hear the input on tubs/prices, etc.

Hot Tub Forum

Need a bit of advice
« on: May 28, 2005, 07:09:50 pm »

J._McD

Re: Need a bit of advice
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2005, 10:30:45 pm »
It sounds like you've done some of your homework and have a pretty good handle on what you're looking at, but it sounds like you waiting for us to sell you on one over the other. :-/

Which on of the three did you like the least and why? ???

If you were going to buy only one of the three, which one would it by and why? ???
« Last Edit: May 28, 2005, 10:32:08 pm by J._McD »

mark_in_calif

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2005, 11:10:14 pm »
thanks. Im just looking for folks to weigh in on their opinion of these tubs and prices. Thats it..

But to your point, Im probably most interested in the Dove Canyon due to the individual seat controls/pumps. But not sure on the price and the quality of the ozone system.

Any feedback would be appreciated. thx

J._McD

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2005, 11:18:43 pm »
Artesian make a good product.  I am not that familiar with their ozone set up but I a sure others are and they will be right along.

the first review of your post made it appear you were wating for a sales man to sell you on one over the other.  But, your impressions are more important in the decision making process.  Go with your best impression, now either eliminate the others for good reasons and at least narrow it down to the two best choices in your opinion.

What are you debating about the ozone system and what is the pricing issue?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2005, 11:19:39 pm by J._McD »

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2005, 11:51:23 pm »
Seems like a good price on the Jacuzzi...hope they give yea free delivery steps and try to get a FREE cover lifter and bee firm and stay with the $8000...Seems like a large spa if you have 4 or more people in at once most of the time lol.JT

mark_in_calif

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2005, 11:58:17 pm »
On the artesian, i read in the review section that the ozone was the cheaper, non-cd ozone that a bulb had to be replaced frequently (maybe i misunderstood).
On the pricing, i just dont know if that is a good price for a '04 floor model. As everyone has mentioned before, pricing on spas is all over the board. thx

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2005, 08:08:08 am »
If you really like the Artesian, I would recommend that you don't let the ozone generator be a deal breaker.  Comfort within the spa is SO much more important than a $150 ozone unit that, in reality, is not a necessary feature anyway though it does have its value.  Fuggetaboutit and go with the most comfortable in regards to tub comfort and dealer comfort.  Good luck!  8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2005, 08:08:08 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42