What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Did I miss something with a Sundance?  (Read 2966 times)

coopie

Did I miss something with a Sundance?
« on: May 28, 2005, 12:28:59 pm »
 :-/
Hello. I wet tested a Sundance (different models) and I was not in love like I thought I would be. Was I in a bad mood or something when I tested?

1) I did not see that the lighting was reflective in the water. The sales man even told me that they were just seen above water in the strip-like lights.

2) The head rests did not seem very comfy or envelope my head like LA spas or Masters. Did I miss something again here??

Please tell me as I am buying SOME spa this weekend and I don't want to make a big mistake......it seems that most everyone that posts here has had good-great compliments about Sundance.

Thank you very much!

Hot Tub Forum

Did I miss something with a Sundance?
« on: May 28, 2005, 12:28:59 pm »

J._McD

Re: Did I miss something with a Sundance?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2005, 12:55:00 pm »
Some people buy Ford's and some by chevy's, some even buy those "foriegn" cars, I know, I know they are all world market cars now and we are strenghthening the world economies.

What models did you water test? ??? What did you think of the jets, the accupressure seat, the foot jets? ???  What else have you wet tested?

I am not sure what you want the pillows to do, but they are softer than the acrylic.  I realize every Hot Tub has it's features and benefits, but the two issues you raise are about the reflective quiality of the light, which I would believe they are best evaluated in darker conditions other than the lighted showroom.  Lights only have an effect on the ambiance or the mood of the moment and are best appreciated in the darker hours.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2005, 12:55:52 pm by J._McD »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2005, 02:21:59 pm »
Your comfort is the number one factor.  I don't think you will go wrong with any of those.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

zzaphod42

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2005, 02:24:50 pm »
If you didn't like, don't buy it. Everyone is built differently, and you may not be a good fit for those tubs.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2005, 02:46:22 pm »
Try out the D1 and @home series by D1 you might find the ability to adjust your headrest is just what trips your trigger!

leesweet

• '05 SD Maxxus
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2005, 03:03:41 pm »
As some of the comments imply, it's all about what *you* like.  SD may be/is one of the top 3 or so brands here, but that's not to say it's for everyone.  It's all about what *you* have as the priority items.  

Now, having said that, the evaluation process can have the same pitfalls as looking at high-end TVs.  For example, a normal TV showroom (Best Buy, Circuit City) is not the best environment, since sets are not adjusted right and there is too much light and your seating angle isn't what you would have at home.  [That's why you get a 30-day free return at CC, but that's hard to do with a spa!  :)  ]

Similarly, you may not see the lights in the waterfalls (for example) in the showroom lighting as you would under a starry night at home.  Er, for spas, I mean....

I'd compare seating quality, jet options/pressure, and the like, more than lighting, in the showroom, unless you can actually get a wet test under the same conditions (at night outside...).  But cushions are usually cushions.  Did you wet-test-compare several brands and find the SD cushions lacking? Lacking how?
--
Lee

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2005, 03:03:41 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42