What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help me make an offer on a New 04 Optima?  (Read 4942 times)

alwaysperky

• Hail the flashlight king!
Help me make an offer on a New 04 Optima?
« on: May 18, 2005, 07:48:11 pm »
Ok, since last Xmas I've enjoyed all the great information and issues this group works through.  It's been fun and entertaining, but the time has come for the sparrow to leave the nest. I'd like to ask for my own help...................

I've found an opportunity on a new 04 Optima and am in the position of making an offer and wonder if the group wouldn't mind sharing their ideas, opinions, and strategies to help me make an offer that's fair for all parties concerned.

Details:  
04 Optima
"Ideal" spa cover
dura-step
Start-up Chemicals
Delivery

Can you work with that?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2005, 11:46:35 pm by alwaysperky »

Hot Tub Forum

Help me make an offer on a New 04 Optima?
« on: May 18, 2005, 07:48:11 pm »

J._McD

Re: Help me make an offer?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2005, 07:59:56 pm »
add a cover lifter for your benefit and an ozonator for my benefit, then I know you will have a clean water experience.

Are you prepared to write a check?  I don't recommend expecting any cash offers, it can be intrpeted incorrectly.  Do you expec to finance or use a credit card.  You are apparently aware of a dealer that still has an '04 in stock and I'm thinking somthing between 85 and 89.  

Is this a privately owned spa?

Now what can you tell me? ???

alwaysperky

Re: Help me make an offer?
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2005, 10:49:20 pm »
Thank you.  Except I don't know what you mean by expecting any cash offers. ??? Do you mean I wouldn't gain anything by offering cash?

It would come with the "Sun-Lift". Is that OK?

It's a dealer and as far as financing, I guess I could write a check, charge it, and though I haven't asked yet, I'm thinking they may have some sort of program for me to consider.

He didn't mention the Ozonator, how much does that usually cost?

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
Re: Help me make an offer on a New 04 Optima?
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2005, 01:33:59 am »
What are they asking for the spa and maybe we could tell you if it is a fair price?  Is it much less than an 05' model?  Is it a floor model, blem, demo unit etc.?
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2005, 03:59:25 am »
can you provide any more details??

alwaysperky

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2005, 08:21:14 am »
Bosco, What more details would you be looking for?

Details:  
04 Optima
"Ideal" spa cover
dura-step
Start-up Chemicals
Delivery

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2005, 08:45:02 am »
Ozone may be a few hundred dollars.
What is their asking price for this package?
Brewman
Brewman

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2005, 09:19:06 am »
You in Canada or the US?

We have an 04 Optima that we bought last Aug.  We have an ozonator, Ideal lifter and LED light on top of what you are looking at and we paid 7700 new (before tax).  That's in North Carolina.  

If our dealer still had one like it on the floor that they were trying to get rid of I'd probably offer somewhere between 6500 and 7000.  Did they say at all if the warranty was affected?  There was a thread on here a few weeks ago about someone who was being offered an 04 Sundance with only a 2 year warranty.  Make sure the warranty is full and they're not trying to pull a fast one on you.

You asked about the cost of the ozonator.   Our dealer said the cost of both the ozonator and lifter were $250 each but I'm sure that's their inflated 'sticker' price on those upgrades.  We basically had them include those for the same price that we were quoted without them.

Hope this helps...
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

alwaysperky

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2005, 10:14:00 am »
Stated $7999 and willing to negotiate. ;D.  I just don't know how low to go.

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2005, 01:50:20 pm »
A few years ago when talking with my local Sundance dealer he mentioned that every model year the prices for the tubs generally go up around $500 dollars.  New materials, pump upgrades, new design stuff, blahblahblah.

You might want to think of that.  Maybe look at what a brand new 2005 optima would cost, subtract $500 from it to figure what it cost brand new last year, and then drop it down some more given that its an old model he is probably trying to move.

You really should find out if this was a "stuck in the factory" tub or a floor model.  There is *nothing* really wrong with a floor model, but it has been used alot for a year and you might be able to haggle it down some more.

Make sure there is a full warranty on it, not pro-rated. If it is pro-rated you would offer less than if the warranty was full.

-Ed

alwaysperky

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2005, 02:13:14 pm »
What does that mean.......stuck in the factory?

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2005, 04:43:54 pm »
It means I'm bad at typing.  I meant "stuck in the warehouse".  Maybe the warhouse is the factory! 8)

Basically, I would differentiate between a tub that has never been used before and a tub that has been used for the past year or so in the dealer's showroom.

If it has been stuck in the factory/warehouse then it is closer to "brand new" then if it has had thousands of people wet testing in it over the past year.

-Ed

rushfan2112

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2005, 08:41:23 pm »
  I LIve in Md was offered a NEW 2004 unit less than 2 months ago for $7500. with cover lifter..steps,chems.cd ozone and delivery.. I hope this will help a little.. Is this one new?

Rushfan2112
« Last Edit: May 19, 2005, 08:43:35 pm by rushfan2112 »

alwaysperky

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2005, 09:41:17 pm »
I do appreciate the information a lot.  I haven't seen the spa yet but have been told it's new in the warehouse. I plan to take a look this weekend and with everyone's help I'm hoping my offer will be one we both feel brings a win-win situation.

You were offered one for $7500 two months ago, and yours included the Zonater, should I go a little lower to account for the Zonater and a little futher yet because of the elapsed time?

How come you didn't "pull the trigger"?

rushfan2112

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2005, 02:37:37 am »
I endedn up getting a Sundance Maxxxus.. I am pretty big 6'6" so I liked the extra space .. Optima seemed a little small for me with the foot dome(My wife loved it though)  Plus I have 4 kids so I went bigger.. Have had for 10 days now!! Love it!!!

Rushfan2112 ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2005, 02:37:37 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42