What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HS Dealers is it a Floor Model or New?  (Read 10423 times)

Steve

• Ultimate Member
Re: HS Dealers is it a Floor Model or New?
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2005, 10:58:00 am »
The bottom line is YOU have to feel comfortable through the selling process and after it. I wish you luck and I hope everything goes well for you drober30.

Steve

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2005, 10:58:00 am »

drober30

• Loving my HS Vanguard!
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2005, 12:41:12 pm »

Steve, My perception was similar to yours indicating somewhat of an untrusting relationship, and the statement of protecting his own interest.   :-/ I seem to have stepped on a land mine here, as it appears my interpretation offended drober.

J. McD,

Were good! I hope to seek help and advice from you and everyone else and provide it where I can!

This is a great forum and I appreciate everyone’s contributions and feedback!

I think this thread has runs its course......

I will post all my positive experiences with the delivery and setup of my spa as that will be my optimistic outlook from here on in!
:D

J._McD

« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2005, 01:30:49 pm »
Drober, we're all here to help, and we need a good balanced input that will sometimes create some contoversy amongst us.  It is not intentional by any means.  We have all had lifetime experiences that make us who we are today and that is what we call experience, in my case it's grey hair and CRS.

The boys at Lifestyle are good people and regardless of who you are dealing with 80% of us go an extra 2 miles for our customers regardless of situations because they support our businesses.  The other 20%, well I understand the situation and the need for concern.  

How is the preparation coming and when is the spa being delivered.  ??? 

We need to schedule Lori for the water blessing. ;D ;D
« Last Edit: May 26, 2005, 01:32:07 pm by J._McD »

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2005, 01:49:06 pm »
Sorry!!!  Congratulations!  

May you always have clean, hot, bubbly water!

(P.S.  the Vanguard is a great tub, I have one and it is awesome!)

Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

drober30

• Loving my HS Vanguard!
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2005, 02:53:16 pm »
The boys at Lifestyle are good people and regardless of who you are dealing with 80% of us go an extra 2 miles for our customers regardless of situations because they support our businesses.  The other 20%, well I understand the situation and the need for concern.  

How is the preparation coming and when is the spa being delivered.  ??? 

We need to schedule Lori for the water blessing. ;D ;D

Yea you’re right... The hard part is behind me (the purchase) so I will only focus on the future spa delivery and building a good relationship with the dealer.

Meeting with the concrete guy today after work to review job. He said he will form it out tomorrow.
(He just called as I am typing this so I am off to meet him now)

I asked him to hold off on the pour so my electrician could do his thing on Tuesday. Bringing electric up through the slab.

So if everything goes good the cement and electrical should be complete next week.

One of the questions I need to ask today is how long the cement has to cure before I can place the tub on it.

I'm very excited!!!!  Weather does not look so good so we'll see how the contractors can work around it and make things happen.

Lori.... Thanks! I really like the Vanguard too!

J._McD

« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2005, 03:20:20 pm »
cure time depends on weather, I'd say 7 days but the one to ask is the cement guy.  Call your dealer and based on the dimension of the spa have them tell you where it would be best to have the electric come in from the bottom, or better yet, stop in and have them take the side panels off to reveal the best place, measure it, apply it to the foot print of the spa and the square dimension of the cement pad and pour that sucker today.  If the contractor is ready, go with the flow, the hard part is over.  Your gonna wish you did this a long time ago. ;D

shabba34

« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2005, 03:24:28 pm »
cure time depends on weather, I'd say 7 days but the one to ask is the cement guy.  Call your dealer and based on the dimension of the spa have them tell you where it would be best to have the electric come in from the bottom, or better yet, stop in and have them take the side panels off to reveal the best place, measure it, apply it to the foot print of the spa and the square dimension of the cement pad and pour that sucker today.  If the contractor is ready, go with the flow, the hard part is over.  Your gonna wish you did this a long time ago. ;D

Cement does 75% of its cure in the first 3 days, and depending on weather finishes in about 30days.

CaliforniaDave

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2005, 05:32:55 pm »
I know this is late, but had to put my two cents in. My dealer told me what to expect on delivery. That there will be water in the tub, and what the packaging will look like. So when I got it, I didn't have any questions on if it was new or used.

Now, as to new or used, I don't mind used, if the price is right and I know ahead of time. If a car has 47 miles on it, I see that and will do price accordingly.

The only reservations I have on floor model is that sales people and customers like to look, touch, and pull on things. So if I get a floor model, I expect it to be a certain way. However, I also expect not to have a defect in the item, as it has been on the floor and running for days. So if a jet doesn't work, they will know about it before it is delivered.

Good luck with your spa.....I have the Vanguard and love it!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2005, 06:20:50 pm »
This is amazing!

The last two cars I purchased happen to have had 47 miles on them!!

What are the odds of that happening?

;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2005, 06:20:50 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42