What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: TV/DVD player?  (Read 5513 times)

coopie

TV/DVD player?
« on: May 25, 2005, 06:11:38 pm »
I think I have narrowed my search to a Master LSX, which I wet tested today. Is it just that Pirates of the Caribbean looked so exciting from under the bubbles??

In your opinion, is the video/audio option something worthwhile having and worth 2000?

It seems very "cool" to have the TV screen....but I just wonder how often it would be used. HELP!!!....my order may go in tomorrow morning!

Thank you!

Hot Tub Forum

TV/DVD player?
« on: May 25, 2005, 06:11:38 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: TV/DVD player?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2005, 06:17:41 pm »
A TV/DVD/VCR/Laptop/Cellphone/FaxModem/Microwave oven is the LAST thing you should ever consider putting on a spa. ???

...in my opinion.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

jaxxon

• Friends dont let friends soak alone...
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2005, 06:22:37 pm »
The warranties are different than the actual spa.  If you really want tv/dvd ect. go to an electronics store to buy seperate.
                                 Jackson

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2005, 06:43:32 pm »
In your opinion, is the video/audio option something worthwhile having and worth 2000?

I'm very lukewarm on the stereos options but as far as the TV, no way. They do not hold up well, are not inexpensive and its not like I sit in the spa long enough to watch a movie anyway.

Now the microwave option, I can go for that! ;D
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2005, 07:01:40 pm »
Also to add .....Why would anyone pay the cost for a high end screen ( Plasma) that besides having the reliability and service issues that are sure to exist .... simply in the wet out door environment you will never take advantage of the picture .... a regular TV will most likely have a better picture anyway and from a dollar stand point it just does not make good sense ....

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2005, 07:02:09 pm »
Absolutely not with the TV. Are you nuts? The hot tub is supposed to be a place where you can wind down from a long, stressful day. Do you really want to fidget with a TV out near the spa? Literally tune it out. Don't do the TV. If you want to watch a 20 minute commercial, roll out a portable TV.
Or better than that, buy a hottub from a more reputable manufacturer that does not offer such a thing.
Just thinking out loud, sorry.

hottubber... ;D
« Last Edit: May 25, 2005, 07:02:53 pm by hottubber »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2005, 07:12:05 pm »
Not to mention....Uhhhh what everyone else said! ;D

Steve

Drifter

• Master Spa LS850 Owner!
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2005, 07:43:21 pm »
Yea but can you get the playboy channel? Heck I like watching the spanish channel without the sound sometimes. Defintiely some hot chicks on there! lol! Actually I've seen a company that sells a TV flat screen enclosed in a water/weather proof housing. It's made especially for spas. I probably opt for that if it were my money!

hotubinn

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2005, 12:48:50 am »
I did some work for a company that sold these spas with tv's.  The first three jobs I did for them pertained to the stereo/ tv - and it was the same spa!  RUN!!!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2005, 05:24:04 am »
LCD 15" TV/DVD Best Buy Company 499.95

Make a stand for outside by the tub and bring it out with you. Bring it inside when you are done. It will last longer and cost you less.
Retired

dino

• Tsar of the Empire!
Stereo (at least speakers) Yes - TV NO
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2005, 08:45:59 am »
Don't listen to those who say no TV in the TUB you should relax - we all relax in our own way.

I agree that it is cheaper, easier and gives you more options to buy the electronics seperately.  The only area I disagree with is the speakers.  Having them mounted in the four corners of the tub makes it possible to actually hear the sound - even over the jets at full blast.

Unfortunately I was not able to get the speakers alone so I had to buy a crappy stereo/dvd player - the dvd player is fine but the am reception is non-existent and the fm is poor.

I use a TV mounted in my kitchen (indoors 8 feet away) with a connection from the audio output to an FM modulator which creates an FM signal that the stereo can pickup and push to the speakers.

Another reason to not go with a stereo dvd player is that I am digitizing the musak to the computer anyway.

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2005, 08:57:13 am »
As said in an another thread:
I wouldn't buy a spa with a built-in tv/audio system any more than I would buy a tv/audio system with a built-in spa.....besides, the heavens are enough entertainment..... 8)

BTW, this is from a very happy LSX owner....you'll love the tub....don't goof up that experience with built-in tv/ audio systems that could pose problems....

And, BTW again, I just checked the website and I do not believe the TV option is available on the LSX though the audio is......
« Last Edit: May 26, 2005, 09:00:12 am by windsurfdog »
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

buckeyespa

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2005, 09:23:10 am »
Perhaps he meant the LSX-1050 FST?

Save the money, but the spa without. Put a radio outside that you dont care if it gets trashed.

hbcpa

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2005, 10:09:04 am »
Save the money. If you want good sound get xm radio with a boom box. That way you arent limited as to where you can use it. We just got an HS Vanguard and have the boom box. It fantastic. Just my opinion

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2005, 10:09:04 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42