What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: decisions decisions  (Read 3713 times)

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
decisions decisions
« on: May 25, 2005, 01:01:17 pm »
Ok gang, I have a slight notion I'm going to end up waiting until August and going with a Hot Springs Spa!  The dealer has been nothing but nice to us, the products are in stock and ready when I want them...I might just wait the extra month or two and just get what I think will be the best product I think is out there...but, still wet testing on Friday. I called the Hot Springs dealer and he is totally ready for me, he filled and is heating both the jetsetter and the Kauai so he went that extra mile it seems!  the saga continues..............

Hot Tub Forum

decisions decisions
« on: May 25, 2005, 01:01:17 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: decisions decisions
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2005, 01:10:42 pm »
Remember, patience is a virtue.  It will be well worth the wait.  My mother and father have had a Jetsetter for 5 years.  My dad gets in it 3 times a day, every day!  (Being semi-retired does have its benefits)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Backpains

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2005, 01:37:29 pm »
Ok but you all must remember I will be using this hot tub ALOT at least 3-5 times per day. My back is always hurting! so I must get something that will last in the long run

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2005, 02:16:51 pm »
I have many, many customers that have had their HotSpring Spas over 20 years.  One lady has had hers for 24 years and it is still going strong.  If she ever needs service or a part for it, it is available.

Terminator

Backpains

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2005, 02:28:34 pm »
ok here's another question for you then, if I decided on a HS how long could I expect the pump and heater element to go for

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2005, 02:41:27 pm »
Good questions and I will speak from experience.

The Wavemaster jet pump in the Jetsetter is a single speed pump.  The only time it ever comes on is when you turn on the jets or run the clean cycle.  Since it is not cycling off and on all day long, there is very little wear and tear on it.  We have had to replace about 6 jet pumps in 20 years because of this (and the majority of those were NOT from wear).

The No-Fault Titanium heaters are resistant to corrosion and will equal or exceed any other heater I'm aware of.  I haven't seen any problems with it.

The circulation pump will probably be the first thing to go out in about 10-12 years.  It's $150 for a new one and you can replace it yourself.  That's a lot better than replacing a $500-700 jet pump every 5-6 years.

Terminator

Backpains

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2005, 02:47:55 pm »
Oh wow, looks like I'm looking in the right direction then. I'm thinking I will end up waiting until August and just go ahead with the Jetsetter, the HS dealer in Billings MT is so nice, he's been very upfront with me, and seems to want me to test out other companies before deciding, he is warming up the jetsetter (when we were in the store the last time the jetsetter wasn't filled they had just got it set up) and is also got the Caldera Kauai warming for me too so I'm impressed seems they are going that extra mile to get me into one I also have a quote sheet in front of me that says delivery is in with the cost along with watercare and vinyl cover no other dealer has gone tht far! I am IMPRESSED

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2005, 04:34:30 pm »
Ok but you all must remember I will be using this hot tub ALOT at least 3-5 times per day. My back is always hurting! so I must get something that will last in the long run

It is wise to be thorough and patient on a purchase you'll plan to have for 12+ years. However, if you are in such a need for it that you'll use it 3-5 times per day, why would you wet test now but wait until August to purchase? Wet test your options, work on a satisfactory deal which includes the options you want and get yourself the spa so you relax.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2005, 04:37:56 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2005, 04:34:30 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42