What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: OMG - Sundance has made changes!  (Read 4327 times)

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
OMG - Sundance has made changes!
« on: May 20, 2005, 02:43:38 pm »
Go away for a little while and whammo! A whole new tub called the Majesta is produced, the Optima is redesigned and the Maxxus also gets redesigned.

Called my dealer and he has all three tubs on his showroom floor and I'm going to wet test them all tonight.

Now, any other manufacturers redesign their tubs? I'd love to check them out as well.

Hot Tub Forum

OMG - Sundance has made changes!
« on: May 20, 2005, 02:43:38 pm »

Payton3485

• 2005 Sundance Majesta
Re: OMG - Sundance has made changes!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2005, 07:19:27 pm »
Let me know what you think about the Majesta. I ordered one about 3 weeks ago and it will be delivered early next week. Enjoy your wet tests!!!

tstiffler

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2005, 08:35:00 pm »
You mention that the Optima has been redesigned...how is the 2005 model different from 2004?  I heard something about the pumps being different  this year, but don't know what's different about them.

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2005, 12:09:34 am »
Another BIG change, there is no longer a sweet water line. They are ALL sundance spas, they ALL carry the 10/7/5/5 warranty, the only difference now is there is the 700 series (or 780, what ever) and the 800 series. That, I think is MUCH more significant than a new model and a few model year design differences.
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

J._McD

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2005, 11:30:43 am »
Hold onto your socks doodoo, there are more changes coming down the line.  Stay tuned for news at 11:00

(It's not in the models.  Additonal stand alone accessories, synthetics and operations.)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2005, 04:59:46 pm by J._McD »

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2005, 04:43:21 pm »
Are you talking about the 06' models?
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2005, 08:03:28 pm »
You know what I find funny, in the auto industry, they leak the heck out of up coming changes and "secrets." It creates buzz, you know hype! If the spa industry followed this strategy, other than, hold on to your hats big changes-a-comin'! there might be more buzz in our industry. Like a car in every garage, a chicken in every pot and a hot tub in every back yard!
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2005, 09:58:42 am »
OK! Spent some time wet testing and getting info on the models be they new or re-designed.

Like Wisoki said there is no more Sweetwater line. It is all Sundance with the old Sundance line called the 800 series and the old Sweetwater line called the 700 series. Another general change is the filtration system on the 880 series (Maxxus, Optima, Cameo, and Majesta). A new pleated filter which incorporates the micro clean system is now available which replaces the pleated filter in line with the micro filter as a seperate item. This is only available to new tubs and cannot be used in products produced earlier. The reason is that the circ pump is not powerful enough to pull water through on the older products. The circ pump as thus been upgraded in the new line (880 Series) to meet that need. Given space you cannot retrofit to the new pump as the new pump don't fit.

The new tub on the block is the Majesta which interestingly enough is available with all of the information at the dealer except on the Sundance web site along with all of the models. The tub is shown on the main page, bottom left hand corner. Makes sens to feature the new product on the web site but I would equally make it available with the rest of the line. I found the tub a bit small for me. However, that is because we are social bugs and we often have friends in there. But if you are looking a smaller tub with the added feature of holding two or three more people then this is definetely an option. It is very comfortable and has lotsa power if you need it. Three seat have a good configuration of jets.

The Maxxus as had several major changes. First is the addition of a full lounger with three back jets and two feet jets and two wrist jets. Second is the addition of two waterfalls which include the LED system (note that the waterfall feature is only available on the 880 series). Like before it is identified as a 6-7 person tub but after being in there for 30 minutes and trying everything seems to me more like a 6 person tub. You can definetely fit more but comfortable seating is just not there unless you get them to sit laterally on the lounger which is just not comfy. I gotta admit though this tub has it all for the discriminating. A lounger which is absolutely fantastic with lotsa room for others that include a great variety of jets. I still love my Optima but I gotta tell you if we were purchasing now instead of last year, this tub would have made the final list making it a hard decision.

The Optima has had three major makeovers, the addition of a 'turbo jet' in the footwell which also was re-designed a little (round ball rather than flatt to meet the feet, the addition of a waterfall and the removal of a seat in front of the filtration system intake. The foot well with the new jet is interesting, the same power as before but that jet pointing up kicks-a**. If you straddle your legs over it it can do quite a job on the ham strings etc... It is very powerfull though and not certain after a while how much I would use it. the waterfall like the Maxxus is cool. My dealer has one in covered gazebo (dark environment) in his show room (for privacy) and the LED waterfall is very romantic.  Wife would probably feel like she'd need to pee all of the time listening to it but I like it. The one thing that I found negative is the loss of the little seat in front of the filtration intake. It is very convenient in mine and with it gone in the new tub -- we'll I think that it's a loss. However, there is a little more leg room which is great. The secondary panel also got moved next to the filtration intake which IMO is close enough to the main panel making it somewhat redundant. Previously was located directly across from the main so made for an easy reach when sitting in the seats furthest from the main panel.

Tech changes vary with each tub but not to any great length from last year. They are very much more cosmetic. But, the most significant tech change is the circ pump going from a 1/15 HP to a 1/20 HP on the 880 series. Sundance has kept the same TheraMax pumps at the same HP (2.5 hp continuous) and the same Brakespeed (4.2 hp brake).

Overall, I think that the changes are great and makes an impressive product more impressive now.  Cost wise, yes he has raised his prices, but I consider them very much in line with the improvements contained in the tub.

My dealer also aluuded to further changes or rather additions to the accesories but did not want to spill the beans.  Anybody hear care ti chime in? and let us know what those are?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2005, 09:59:47 am by doodoo »

Payton3485

• 2005 Sundance Majesta
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2005, 07:25:08 pm »
I have to agree with doodoo on the Majesta Spa. My wife and I opted for the Majesta Spa because it will be primarily just the two of us and maybe three people in the spa max at once. If we were looking at having 4-5 people in it regularly, we would have gone with the Optima. We also decided to build a second tier deck around the Majesta so this size spa will look nice with our layout. The Optima and some of the other spas would have taken up too much space on the deck. We plan on putting a few loungers on the deck and a small table with two or three chairs. All in all though, I think it comes down to how many people will be using your spa on a regular basis. If you entertain or have a big family, go bigger in my opinion. If you will have no more than four in the spa, the Majesta will be a wonderful choice  ;D

nm-tn

• 2004 Optima
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2005, 03:01:07 pm »
interesting reading, thanks doodoo

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2005, 03:01:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42