What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Another new guy with questions  (Read 3257 times)

FLTUB

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Another new guy with questions
« on: May 22, 2005, 01:28:01 am »
Have tried to read everything so as not to make some of you repeat yourself.  Here is my question.  I currently own a Sundance spa.  Spa was here when we bought the house.  Has never worked well and local repair folks have not been able to fix it.  Looking for new spa.  Have ruled out Sundance cause local dealer does not have competent repairmen.  Two other dealers carry Hot Springs and Marquis.  Want a 5-6 person spa. Apart from that do not have many preferences.  I have been quoted $7800 on Marquis Reward 2005 and $7595 on Vanguard Hot Springs.  Warranties seem to be similar.  Is one manufacturer more reliable then another?  There is another Sundance dealer 45 miles away.  Is a Sundance worth the drive?  Sure would like some of you experienced guys/gals opionion.  Any and all information appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

Another new guy with questions
« on: May 22, 2005, 01:28:01 am »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Another new guy with questions
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2005, 01:37:20 am »
I am a Marquis person myself....Your price is excellent ...Hot Springs has a great rep and a good warranty .... If you read them you will find the Marquis to have fewer exclusions ....Both are well respected .....However I think with the spas you are looking at you in this case might getting more with the Marquis ...taking nothing away from the Vanguard in this case you looking at 2 pumps with the Marquis that can control each side of the spa at one time or both 48 jets to 32 .....again both are nice ....Your prices are great on both ...In this case I think you are getting  what some might consider second from the top for the Marquis line....
« Last Edit: May 22, 2005, 01:38:11 am by Mendocino101 »

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2005, 01:42:37 am »
Is your tub having multiple issues? I wouldn't discount Sundance because these guys are having trouble repairing a tub they don't know, but are trying to help you out with. Do they have a service history on this spa, did they orriginaly sell this spa, lots of factors here!
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

dentlfly

• maxxus owner
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2005, 01:45:16 am »
don't rule out sundance. check another dealer and wet test maxxus. you will be amazed. they also have a very good warranty. we wanted a larger tub.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2005, 01:50:39 am »
May I ask what you paid for the Maxxus

FLTUB

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2005, 02:12:35 am »
[Your prices are great on both ...In this case I think you are getting  what some might consider second from the top for the Marquis line....[/quote]

What would you consider the top of the line for Marquis?

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2005, 02:39:57 am »
The Epic .....it is simply a great therapy spa with unique ways to get therapy

dentlfly

• maxxus owner
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2005, 06:35:52 am »
price for maxxus 10,400 includes stereo, ozonator,cover, lifter, new curved synthetic step,chemicals for 1 year, padded grab railing and delivery and set-up. tax not included.

J._McD

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2005, 12:04:15 pm »
FLTUB,

please give us some background on you service issues or problems encountered.  What year is the spa and did the local dealer sell it and service it in the past?

SD is known to be a very good tub and should not be a problem to service or repair.

leesweet

• '05 SD Maxxus
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2005, 07:21:51 pm »
price for maxxus 10,400 includes stereo, ozonator,cover, lifter, new curved synthetic step,chemicals for 1 year, padded grab railing and delivery and set-up. tax not included.

Hate to hijack thread, but this info is just what I needed as I'm about to pull the trigger on a Max purchase!  Can you say your location, in case they try to pull that that matters!  Thanks much!  (Your setup is exactly what we are going for, down to the railing!)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2005, 07:22:42 pm by leesweet »
--
Lee

dentlfly

• maxxus owner
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2005, 11:04:58 pm »
charlotte,nc.

FLTUB

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2005, 01:07:19 am »
A new developement in my spa search is today my local Marquis dealer called me and offered a 2005 Silver Anniversary Euphoria, for $7800.00  It is the showroom model that has been setup wet for awhile.  Seems in perfect condition.  Anyone out there have a comment on whether this is a good idea?  We were looking at the Reward but if I can get the SA Euphoria for the same price even as a demo model would you experienced guys out there recommend it?  I welcome everyones input.

Thanks

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2005, 10:47:24 am »
 We were looking at the Reward but if I can get the SA Euphoria for the same price even as a demo model would you experienced guys out there recommend it?

Both Hot Springs and Marquis are premium spas with many choices but you should get what you WANT and not switch because the dealer is looking to move another!! Getting a different spa because you can save $300 or so isn't worth it in the long run as you're buying something that should last 10-15 YEARS!!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

FLTUB

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2005, 02:10:22 am »
Thanks to everyone for the help.  I bought the S.A. Euphoria today and am trying to get things ready for it's arrival.  I appreciate all the help and insight provided by everyone.

AmICrazy

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2005, 04:21:08 pm »
re. Maxxus purchase. I know the question is not really about that but, that deal for the maxxus was amazing. I think I'll have to move to the US... they seem to give spas away!! Even with the exchange, prices here would not come close to that deal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2005, 04:21:08 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42