What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What is a reasonable amount of time  (Read 2387 times)

thedeputies

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
What is a reasonable amount of time
« on: May 23, 2005, 04:14:47 pm »
     Hi, ive had a marquis reward for about a year and now one of my pumps stopped working, I contacted the dealer about two weeks ago and they havent made it out to my house yet.
   What is a reasonable amount of time to give the dealer to get to your house to fix your tub?

Hot Tub Forum

What is a reasonable amount of time
« on: May 23, 2005, 04:14:47 pm »

shabba34

Re: What is a reasonable amount of time
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2005, 04:17:33 pm »
24-72 Hrs if you live local and all the roads are open.  if it is a family run business, maybe they closed for a couple week vacation.

J._McD

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2005, 05:27:47 pm »
Agreed, 24 to 72 hours.  What did they tell you when you called?  Is is flat out not working, is it a pump seal leak, did they have to order a motor?  What communication have you had with them since placing the initial call?  ??? ??? ???

nicker

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2005, 06:16:31 pm »
that's a good question.  I would agree with the others, but I would hope they would be out with in 48 to at least have a look and see whats going on and if they have to order a part at least they have been there to look.  You have to figure in the winter/colder months if your tub gos down I'd hope the dealer would be out before 72 hours.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2005, 07:29:08 pm »
There are other factors to consider.  On many tubs that have two pumps and one is used for the heat/filter cycle having that pump fail is more critical. when I did have a pump fail, my dealer asked enough questions to know I could still use my tub and it wasn't in danger of freezing so he told me a date 4 days ahead and he was here. I am confident (this was January) that if the other pump failed he would have put me higher on his list.  

But the key is communication, he told me exactly what to expect up front.  By now I would be calling and asking for specifics.

Watching the tech change a pump in near zero (F not that wimpy Canadian C stuff) temps told me that is not a job I want!  ;D
« Last Edit: May 23, 2005, 07:31:10 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

thedeputies

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2005, 07:40:54 pm »
     Thanks for the responses, On my reward with one pump not working basically half the jets come on and half dont.
    The dealer told me they would come today and didnt show (third time), so i contacted the Marquis service department who said they would help either get the dealer out or find another person to service the tub, so im hopeful that it will get worked out soon.

autoplay

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2005, 11:36:08 pm »
Communication/s.   It appears at this time,your dealer has a problem with appointments.

I believe 100% in communicating,and try to give the right/honest answer...even if it's not something that a person wants to hear.

People will always know where I stand,right or wrong :)

obi wan

• you're just jealous the voices only talk to ME!
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2005, 10:50:23 am »
out of curiosity, what made you buy from that dealer?
one of the things stressed over and over here, and other boards, is that the quality of the dealer can be as important as the tub itself.
i just bought a caldera a couple of months ago, partly because the dealer has been here for over 20 years, and has a great rep for service. i had i small issue at delivery. one of the lights on the outside of the cabinet was damaged getting it off the dolley. they apologized, ordered me a new one (its a little plastic part) and called me as few days later, and problem solved.
over a week with no explanation would not be good service at all if that was the case. i happen to run a small flleet (not in the tub biz) of trucks, and we try to resolve all serviceissues with in 48 hrs, or at least communicate CLEARLY with customer as to the reason for further delay, i.e. ordered parts, weather, etc...
good luck with your repairs....

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2005, 11:46:59 am »
IMO.... no more than 48 hours.

Steve

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2005, 12:42:04 pm »
I'd have been on the phone to Marquis by now. It's great if they can be there in 48 hrs but sometimes it takes longer which can be understandable but this is way too long.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2005, 12:42:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42