What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bullfrog Spas  (Read 4180 times)

nicker

Bullfrog Spas
« on: May 22, 2005, 03:20:35 pm »
Can anyone tell me anything about Bullfrog spas.   My wifes mother was looking at them.   I had a look on their web site and the thought behind the changeable jet packs seems good but how do they actually hold out?

Hot Tub Forum

Bullfrog Spas
« on: May 22, 2005, 03:20:35 pm »

Gair

Re: Bullfrog Spas
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2005, 04:59:06 pm »
We live in Central IL and have a Bullfrog 451 for over a year.  It is in a 10’X25’ room that was built on a patio. We have five dealers within  a twenty five mile radius of us.  One of the dealers (The Great Escape) has four different top brands.  We chose the Bullfrog after looking a many other top brands. The dealer we bought it from has been in the Spa and Pool business for 25 years and has a very good reputation. We liked all the features on the Bullfrog.  With the ability to upgrade the jet packs and etc. Also the way it is plumped made sense to us because we were placing it indoors.  It is perfected for us. But with different body types you need to wet test before buying any Spa.

fatman

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2005, 08:55:06 am »
You bring up a good question. Can the average joe get 10 years or more from a Bullfrog? Are Bullfrog hot tubs good quality and will they hold up over time? When I looked at Bullfrog over the weekend there were a few things I questioned in regards to quality.   Bullfrog states they use something called "rigidizer" on the underside of the shell. They never explain exactly what it is composed of.  The JetPaks themselves....the shell portion that mates and matches the shell itself isn't very thick. This is not to say it is flimsy. I am just questioning if it could last 12-15 years around kids or if it should happen to be dropped on occassion....?The plumbing on the JetPak.... The manifold that the water initially flows into has to be an OEM part. It is a rigid, brittle plastic. The rest of the plumbing(JetPak plumbing) is poly and plastic....so will it last 12-15 years?  In all fairness, Bullfrog has a lifetime warranty(lifetime of the original purchaser, not just 7 years) on the JetPak.  The dealer spoke highly of the company and said he has only had a couple of warranty issues in the field and those were for seals.  That is as far as I can go with my opinion. If the dealer would have had them filled I could have at least put my hands in front of the jets and seen the JetPaks in action but when the dealer told me he didn't deliver I knew I wouldn't make the trip back to his store.

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2005, 10:25:45 am »
Why would it get dropped on occasion??? It's a jet pack if you drop it I would imagine your warrentee would be void on that, but don't quote me on that. I am looking at bullfrog 331 the smallest they have, the bullfrog dealer in Billings went to great lengths to accomidate my "wet test" this next Friday. He just called me to inform me they got a new 331 in the store and are currently setting it up and filling it for my test on fri, I'm very impressed with their service so far. as far as the jet packs it does make sense if you think about it so does the plumbing. as far as holding out for a long time I don't know..thanks for addressing another question to add to my list of questions for my deealers that I'm "wet testing" on friday with!

fatman

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2005, 12:19:12 pm »
A JetPak could get dropped just as anything else in life can fall from your hands. It's just human nature.

Backpains

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2005, 01:21:06 pm »
Ok now I understand which brings up a very good question, what if it accidently fell out of a persons hands...what then I mean it's got a lifetime warrentee against leakage but, what if it breaks some way else...what kind of warrentee there and I can tell you those "jet packs" are not cheap!

Kyle

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2005, 09:22:15 pm »
Who cares about the jet packs.  All the seats in most of the Bullfrogs are the same height except for the lounge.  Why would you even need to change the packs if the seat backs are all identical in shape?  The question is how do the jet packs feel?  Who actually will ever change them?  It is a well built spa, nice quality, nice web site.

Backpains

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2005, 11:53:03 am »
Well, after Friday kyle I can tell you exactly how it is on the back as far as the jet packs cause they are one on my list

Gaia

• Bubbles! Bubbles! My bubbles!!!!
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2005, 12:18:21 pm »
Hi, I'm also in Central Illinois and shouldn't be confused with the poster named "Gair".   :)

I wet tested the Bullfrog model 682 at San Juan pools last week. Loved it! I ordered the 331 - which is listed as a three person, but it was cozy with two people dry testing it (which is what I'm looking for to replace my current 6 person larger indoor spa).  Although they didnt have the model 331 filled, the 682 have the same jetpack options with same seats and depth.  The sales person was super! No problems with wanting a wet test- towels and changing room provided. He arranged the three jetpacks that I had picked out on-line to one side so that I could feel the power I would have in the smaller model with one pump. After trying out 9 of the jetpacks, I decided to keep the packs I had already thought I'd want.  All my questions were answered, including how well the water circulates behind the packs. There is a circulation hose that ensures that the water circulates and doesnt get static.  He also allowed me to switch out several packs myself to see how easy it was.

The spa has a 3 year "blame free" guarentee on everything as long as it is not deliberate damage. So, if the electric is hooked up wrong and frys the motor, or if I drop a jetpack- it is replaced no charge. After 6 months, a $30 dealer charge to come to the home, but if the jetpack leaks, etc.. I can take it out of the spa and to the dealer for no charge repair/ replacement. Check warranties on shell, etc at their website.

Delivery comes standard with the dealer I went to, including indoor placement. No electric hook-up.  I "upgraded" two of the packs that would have come standard with the spa. They gave me a $500 trade-in for my 1995 BlueRidge Spa (From just a picture I showed them!). Cover, LED light, basic chemical package (of my choice) and ozonator as part of the package. Added steps. Dealer talked me out of upgrading ozonator since I am buying the smallest tub, and talked me out of getting a special "drain hose" that is listed on-line as an accessory when you design your own spa. He stated that a garden hose works just as well.  I paid $4,650.00 after trade-in.  I will write back after it is installed in a few weeks!  WooHoo!!!!!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2005, 12:27:11 pm »
I think when we talk about wet testing, Gaia makes a point about Bull Frogs.  At least you can evaluate the jet packs in a non similar tub if your model isn't available.  A small consolation.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2005, 12:27:11 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42