What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: delivery Monday - question  (Read 2906 times)

Gman

delivery Monday - question
« on: May 21, 2005, 03:44:23 pm »
I purchased a Tiger River Caspian and it will be delivered Monday - the electrician is also coming Monday.

The spa dealer is coming out Wed to do the startup - I forgot to ask them if I should fill with water before they get there or wait for them... I'll give them a call - but was just curious what others thought.

M

Hot Tub Forum

delivery Monday - question
« on: May 21, 2005, 03:44:23 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: delivery Monday - question
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2005, 06:07:17 pm »
Congrats on purchasing a great spa! ;D

I would go ahead and fill it up.  Be sure and unscrew the filter cap and run the hose all the way down inside to prevent an airlock.  Then once it is full, turn on the 20 amp breaker and let it run for about 20 seconds then turn on the 30 amp.

Enjoy!

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2005, 03:40:50 am »
I gotta belive they want you to fill it but I know what I would do. I would call and confirm.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Sunny

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2005, 08:41:29 am »
This is an interesting question, and it so happens my Caldera Niagara is being delivered on Monday & the electrician is scheduled to come on Wednesday.

I plan to fill the spa on Monday or Tuesday before the electrician comes to run the power & do the hook up.  The owner’s manual states this:

“DO NOT CONNECT POWER TO AN EMPTY SPA. Power to the spa automatically activates critical components within the spa, such as controls, heater, circulation pump and other systems. If power is supplied to these components prior to the spa being filled, the components will be damaged, and this may result in a non-warranty component failure.”

I figured the electrician wouldn’t be able to actually test the power to the spa unless there’s water in it.  I plan to ask my dealer to be sure.

I guess different spas have different procedures on this.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2005, 10:56:27 am »
Certainly have it filled so the electrician can start it up and your dealer can go through everything with you including the function of the key pad on Wed.

Enjoy your new machine!

Steve

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2005, 11:09:39 pm »
It only takes about 45 minutes to fill a spa with a decent hose. I'd wait until the electrician is there and gives the ok to be sure he doesn't need to move it 3" one way or another.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Gman

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2005, 07:22:49 am »
I called the dealer - they said to call them when it arrives and they will walk me through the fill - then they will be out Wed. to show me how to use everything... 8)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2005, 07:23:09 am by Gman »

Drewski

• Artesian Piper Glen since 1999 in Beachtown, USA
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2005, 01:21:59 pm »
It only takes about 45 minutes to fill a spa with a decent hose. I'd wait until the electrician is there and gives the ok to be sure he doesn't need to move it 3" one way or another.

Good advice!  When I did my hook-up, that's EXACTLY what I needed to do. Moving that 7,000 LB hot tub with 2 guys is a REAL drag...

Besides, just becuase the spa is HOOKED up, dosn't mean the power is ON. That's why the breaker is there in the first place...

Drewski

8)
It's a HOT tub... anything else is just a POOL!

Gman

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2005, 02:45:48 pm »
Spa made it - electrician did not...  :-[ still trying to get in touch with him.  

I have a cover lifter - but I guess I have to install it myself and there doesn't seem to be any pre-drilled holes. I'd hate to drill into the side and find that I didn't do it correctly (if I can even find my drill).

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2005, 02:45:48 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42