What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa Stereos??  (Read 5601 times)

leesweet

• '05 SD Maxxus
Re: Spa Stereos??
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2005, 07:40:58 pm »
From looking at SD'd website and what J McD's said, I intend to agree.  I was leading toward the 'get a $99 boombox from Target/WalMart', but then saw the builtin, retractable marine-grade speakers (which would be about at ear height, and would give you about normal stereo separation, if you are in the middle of the spa....).  The remote is more gravy, and marine stereos do tend to last for a good while.  I've had boat units last for many years, but no way to tell what exactly is used by SD, of course.  (Mine were in salt water, but how does that compare to a spa with chlorine/bromine?)

The added benefit of the subwoofer in the shell is fun also! :) Bottom line, only you can measure if the extra 'fun' of the built in toy is worth the added cost.  I think I'll go for it for mine!!  :)
--
Lee

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2005, 07:40:58 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2005, 10:46:22 pm »
Bromine seems salty- not sure if it is, or not.
Regardless, the stereo in the Optima is well protected from the spa water.  
Brewman
Brewman

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2005, 11:37:10 pm »
That's cool.  I thought the remote was just for the stereo.  Will the remote also operate the water fall?  It makes not having the auxiliary control not quite so bad.  Why did SD get rid of that?  I bet it will be back next year...

Regardless of what it is or what it has, your gonna absolutely love it.   :)

But better yet, in this case, it's an Optima with polyplaynar, marine grade AM/FM electronics, w/CD, sub-woffer base imbedded in the making of the shell, accompanied with telescoping marine grade speakers designed by Bose engineers, and a hand held remote that also allow the interface to operate the pumps and equipment within the same remote.  WOW (small commercial) ;D ;D ;D

Just in case someone needed to know. ;D ;D ;D ;D

2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2005, 08:08:31 am »

I looked into ordering the remote.  For the 2003 model year it's optional and it doesn't control the pumps unless you buy an additional module.  Still haven't moved on that.  I can live without the remote controlling the pumps since there are two control pads in easy reach anywhere on the spa, but adjusting the stereo requires an exit from the spa, or a lean over from above.  But that's still not too bad.  We only stay in the spa for an hour at a time, usually, so we're not constantly messing with the stereo anyway.  

Brewman
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2005, 08:08:31 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42