What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Moto-massage problems on HS spa  (Read 3762 times)

jjflyguy

Moto-massage problems on HS spa
« on: May 19, 2005, 04:36:24 pm »
I have recently purchased an older 92 HS soveriegn spa with a moto-massage unit that dosent move up and down. The moto-massage was changed by the previous owner about a year ago by HS and it has not worked since. The HS dealer has said that it needs "adjusted" and this can only be done with the tub empty. I have tryed everything that HS has suggested ; checking the filters, air valves and air tube and still no worky. Anyone have any suggestions I'm open.  
*****************GOT IT FIXED.. THANKS FOR THE INPUT, IT TURNED OUT TO BE A BROKEN JET SELECTOR VALVE HANDLE  NOT LETTING THE VALVE TURNING ALL THE WAY TO ONE SIDE. LOVE IT ****************** 
« Last Edit: May 23, 2005, 04:17:43 pm by jjflyguy »

Hot Tub Forum

Moto-massage problems on HS spa
« on: May 19, 2005, 04:36:24 pm »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
Re: Moto-massage problems on HS spa
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 08:27:32 pm »
I have recently purchased an older 92 HS soveriegn spa with a moto-massage unit that dosent move up and down. The moto-massage was changed by the previous owner about a year ago by HS and it has not worked since. The HS dealer has said that it needs "adjusted" and this can only be done with the tub empty. I have tryed everything that HS has suggested ; checking the filters, air valves and air tube and still no worky. Anyone have any suggestions I'm open.    

Take the face plate off the moto by removing the screw caps at the top and bottom and unscrewing the stainless screws. This will expose the moto and you should see the face of it. There will be a line in the face or 2 pinholes. the line goes up and down or the pinholes align dead center at the top and bottom.

Your moto is probably not straight in the track and sticking, it's a common problem....

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2005, 09:22:04 am »
The line should be horizontal. If it's not, don't turn the thing from the moving end! Reach all the way back and turn it where it screws into the wall fitting. It is not supposed to be OMG tight, just barely snug. Also, be sure you have the controls all set properly: the thing only moves by water pressure coming out of it, so a clean filter and open air controls are a must.

Also, if the Moto runs with the faceplate off but stops once you put the faceplact back on, it may have stretched and started to rub on the back of the faceplate. If that is the case, replace the unit, and try to find out what caused the problem.

Most common cause of Premature Moto Stretch, or PMS as I like to call it, is using trichlor tablets or bromine tablets in a floating feeder. Second most common reason is overdosing on chlorine.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2005, 09:22:04 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42