What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What hot tub to buy!?!? I'm sooooooooo confused!!!  (Read 5319 times)

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
What hot tub to buy!?!? I'm sooooooooo confused!!!
« on: May 17, 2005, 11:28:42 am »
Ok...here's my delemia and please don't think I'm rambling! I want a 2-3 person hottub...I have had back surgery (to the tune of 5 times 3 levels fused) and I go through tremendous amounts of pain every day. So I'm looking for a tub that can make my back feel better, here's my problem we have a shortage of hot tub dealers where I live I can get the following : colman, D-1, marquis, hotsprings, Sundance and Artic are all 75 miles from me in Billings. Then I could go through the one over in Cody, WY it's I think a D-1 dealer. I have looked at the Hot Springs Jetsetter, done a dry test on it, I like it the dealer has a good rep, they have several people in Cody that they have sold to, they are willing to give us free delivery so I am thinking seriously of going with them...on the other hand I looked also at a bullfrog 331 I love that one it has more jets and are to be a reputable business also. I was talking to both dealers and both are telling me that their back jets are best for people with back problems...I just want the best hottub for my money if I am paying 5-7 grand for a tub..I want the best one for me..out of these hot tubs which one is the best? and why?

Hot Tub Forum

What hot tub to buy!?!? I'm sooooooooo confused!!!
« on: May 17, 2005, 11:28:42 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: What hot tub to buy!?!? I'm sooooooooo confuse
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005, 11:42:17 am »
They both have good reputations. After you make the tough decision you will enjoy either.  Weigh the dealers and thier offers against each other and know you will enjoy either.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2005, 12:40:50 pm »
The ONLY way to know for sure is to get in them wet and try them out on YOUR back!

Both should be good tubs, you are the only one who can answer the question!

Good luck!!!   ;)

(I know, not what you wanted to hear!  :P)
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Backpains

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2005, 12:50:10 pm »
No thanks for all the responses..I was just wondering if anyone had a Bullfrog or a Hot Springs spa so that I could get a little more of a idea of how the company is in standing behind their products. It's hard to decide on a tub cause I want one that I feel comfortable in I do not want to compromise quality, service or excellence for price but I am kinda on a budget a bit hubby wants to spend no more than 6k but, still wants to give me a hot tub I can get relief from my painful backaches

Lori

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2005, 07:54:06 pm »
Well, I do own a Hotspring Vanguard and I love it!  I think it gives me great therapy for my neck (I used to get a lot of cricks in it) and it sure eases the tension in my back.  The thing is, it works for me.  I have heard (or read) people have tested HotSpring tubs and haven't gotten the enjoyment that I have!

I can't tell you about the Bullfrog!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2005, 08:01:59 pm »
Back pains.

Since you live where I am assume driving for many things is a common practice and you seem to have access to a nice selection of well respected brands ....why not go into town for a day and shop those who are there and compare in person and if possible wet test those you can....I am a Marquis fan above all else, but the others you mention are also nice spas .... No one here will be able to tell you what is best for you ...but since you can shop again make a day of it and find what fits you best..... :D

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2005, 08:03:55 pm »
Just to add the 05 Spirit would be a nice spa to consider as it has the HK 40 jets for the back for Hi Flow therapy that will give you a 160 gallons of water per minute only on the back if you desire it ....

shabba34

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2005, 08:30:38 pm »
I agree with Mendo, I am a HotSpring fan myself, but take a ride into town and visit all posibilities just to at least educate yourself on spas in general. 8)

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2005, 06:24:21 am »
I would have to say that going with the closest may not always be the best reason to get that brand of tub.  I feel this way because you are limiting yourself.

You will ultimately sacrifice quality, great customer support and most importantly comfort.  If you sat in a tub that you loved and did not take it because it was further away, I think you would be kicking yourself in the long run.

Big investment dont compromise.   Check out the sundance and arctic as well before you decide

J._McD

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2005, 09:55:47 am »
Backpains, all of the tubs you mention will do a good job and you will benefit from the resulting comfort produced by all of them.

Keep in mind, in hot water at 102 to 104 you are a softboiled egg in 3 to 5 minutes.  Temperature thins the blood, increases the heart rate and jet circulation increases blood flow which in turn washes lactic acids out of the muscel fiber.  Since it is the temperature and the circulation that developes the result of what you are looking for, shop with ease, find something that is comfortable to sit in with jets that you can control the water flow.

All spas allow you to control water volume (gpm), air mix, and some jets individually adjust if you have a particularly sensitive spot you do not want jet pressure on.  I think you are going to find all the spas you look at have this ability.

Next, you need to realize you are going to sit in this tub for a long time, more than 10 to 15 years, so get a good one and enjoy.  I am partial to the Sundance, but they will all do a good job for you.

Pay particular attention to how you are handled by the dealers in your shopping venture and ask about service.

You have some nice country out there, Sleeping Bear Pass was an awesome motorcycle ride.  I wish I could remenber the name of the little town we stayed in going south through the mountains.  Whata ride.

Backpains

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2005, 04:13:41 pm »
Thanks you all for the info, I have also thrown in a Artesian santa cruz into the mix doing a wet test on it probably within the next two weeks or so. It also looks like I will get my hottub a little earlier then planned (hubby is so good to me  :)

Posted by: Mendocino101 Posted on: May 17th, 2005, 8:03pm
Just to add the 05 Spirit would be a nice spa to consider as it has the HK 40 jets for the back for Hi Flow therapy that will give you a 160 gallons of water per minute only on the back if you desire it ....  

ok..who makes it and do they have a website!? your bad about throwing in more hottubs at me!! I agree that it's going to come down to what feels good on my back and if it's comfortable. I priced out some lumber today to build a privacy curtain around it (I live in a very small town where everyone talks!) so it looks like we are at least rolling a bit on this idea!

I came up with this idea because my sis-in-law also has back problems and bought a sundance hottub, she lived in it day and night said it was the best thing on her back, so...this is a go for launch will keep you all informed as to what we are looking at and what we decided to go with. Thanks for now

God Bless!!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2005, 03:51:30 am »
The Spirit is made by Marquis ....be sure to get the pump upgrade..

http://www.marquisspas.com

« Last Edit: May 20, 2005, 12:51:53 pm by wmccall »

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2005, 10:55:02 am »
I would have to say that going with the closest may not always be the best reason to get that brand of tub.  I feel this way because you are limiting yourself.

Excellent advice.....let your wet test be your guide first and foremost and then couple this with the "warm cuddlies" for your dealer....just don't let dealer distance keep you from getting the therapy you may feel is best.  And by all means, take your time when shopping.....this is a huge investment and deserves your time.......good luck.
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Backpains

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2005, 11:55:59 am »
Here's the update gang, spatopia is within my grasp! I have two more hurrdles to cross and I'll have my happiness in the form of a nice sparkling hot tub! I have to see what my doctor says on thur (we are having pain down my legs again back on pain meds it sucks to be me!) and last but not leastly I have arranged for all my wet tests next Friday first one is Artesian, then bullfrog, then Hot Springs then cal spas and last but not least (big loop) coleman spas..busy day but I'll be totally relaxed by the time I'm done hehehe

spatopia is here!!!!!

Lori

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2005, 12:47:40 pm »
One suggestion, Backpains!

Take a notebook and pen with you.  That way you can write down your thoughts about each wet test, as you experience them.  That way, when you are on the Coleman tub (I think you said that was last) you can remember what the Artesian felt like!

Be sure to list all pros and cons!!

Good luck!  Have fun!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2005, 12:47:40 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42