What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First time buyer - what to get????  (Read 2873 times)

gbpackfan

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
First time buyer - what to get????
« on: May 19, 2005, 03:27:45 am »
I am open to recommendations.  

Here is what I want.

The Hot Tub will be for my wife and I so it doesnt need to be huge.  It will be placed outdoors and I live in Wisconsin.  We want to use it year round.  I want something cost effective and comportable.  It really doesnt have to have all the bells and wistles.  We just want something that we will enjoy and we DONT want to get ripped off.  Any ideas?

Oh yeah, not that it isnt totally obvious, but this will be our first hot tub.  If that makes a difference.

Hot Tub Forum

First time buyer - what to get????
« on: May 19, 2005, 03:27:45 am »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: First time buyer - what to get????
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 03:37:35 am »
it is such an open question ... With just you and your wife in mind...what sort of a budget ....I think to get something nice that would fit your needs... 5000.00 to 7000.00 will get you into some very nice spas ..... I know this is not a great answer...but it is late and I just got in from a soak ....and am tired.... I am sure someone here will be a bit more helpful..... ;)

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2005, 03:44:18 am »
I just posted this in your other thread.  I just cut and paste it to this one for you as well.  

Well when you ask a question like that in here you get several people giving you recommendations.  

I purchased an arctic spa tundra signature series.  It is a really big tub.  

Arctic has a tub called the fox.  It is 7 by 5 and really well thought out.  One lounger, two deep seats and a bench for two people.  

I would also say dont limit yourself to just one brand.  Look at all the big names out there.  Sundance, hotsprings, D1, artesian, hydro pool, jacuzzi, and many more.

Things to consider though,  

its a big purchase, get the tub you really want even if it is a couple bucks over budget.  You will regret it down the road.  

Dealer support is very important and make sure that your dealer has a good service rating and rapore with its customers.

Wet test everything you see.  This way you will develop an understanding of what fits you best.  

I truly think that you should spend a couple of bucks and get a good name tub.  If you buy that tub you are looking at, you will be replacing it quicker and wanting a better one.

Hot tubs are a great investment, you dont need bells and whistles but you should get a reputable brand.

I think that it is important to get at least a two pump system, ozonator (which helps reduce chemical costs) 220 volt tub, better on hydro, a good cover with lifter for sure.

You dont need a ton of jets in my opinion get enough to enjoy it.  I think that you will find that many people just turn them off after a bit and sit in the water and enjoy the heat.

When you buy these lower end hot tubs you just dont get the quality, warranty and support.  

Let the board know what dealers are around you and im sure you will get an earful of tubs to go and look at.

What is your budget as well.  This will help others when making recomendations.  What I suggest is start looking online and local stores.  After each wet test come and ask about the one you just tested.  

Good luck and keep us posted.

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2005, 03:50:03 am »
Your criteria doesn't narrow the search down by much.

Test soak... or wet test as many tubs as you can.

Stay with major manufacturers like... Coleman, Jacuzzi, Marquis, D1, Artisian, Hotsprings, Sundance, and there are others that certainly are worth considering...

Take your time and pick the tub that feels the best,  you can't go wrong.

Spahappy :D

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2005, 04:28:47 pm »
You can also look at Bullfrog, sundance has some nice tubs, so does aArtesian, just remember ( I also am on the hunt for a first time buyer hot tub) don't get shocked when you see the prices. Yes they are expensive but, think what you are getting! Your getting bubbles and relaxation and total heaven in a tub (god if my bathtub had jets I'd be in heaven!) a hot tub is an investment depending on your budget you can get a very nice one for around 6k but, remember price isn't everything when shopping for a hottub, look at the reputation of the dealer talk to some of his customers, service and dependibility are a must when it comes to buying a tub

most of all, wet test wet test!! I cannot state that enough if your paying that amount of money better not just pick out a tub not wet test it and expect it to be what you want

spa

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2005, 05:47:29 pm »
 1)look for easy access for repair.
2) look for warranty
3) look for site preperation
4) look for heat lock system
5) look for overall stucture
6) look for energy efficiency

all and all look for an arctic spa

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2005, 09:21:00 pm »
2) look for warranty

::) :P

Get in some tubs wet!  See what you enjoy!  That is the only way to get the tub that is perfect for you and your wife!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2005, 05:29:38 am »
2) look for warranty

1. Look for one that won't need repair
2. Make sure it has a warranty
3. Make sure you consider site preporation
4. Make sure it is insulated (most are)
5. Make sure it is backed by a good dealer.
6. All reputable brands will be about the same to operate.

There's 10-15 reputable brands out there and one of them should be comfortable to you.
Retired

Soakin

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2005, 09:04:23 am »

Where do they keep getting these guys?? :P

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2005, 09:04:23 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42