What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Dealers, what sanitizer do you use?  (Read 8256 times)

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
Dealers, what sanitizer do you use?
« on: May 13, 2005, 09:32:33 pm »
Every spa dealership that I go to recommends using either, Nature 2, Baqua, Silver Ions, Frog, etc. These alternatives seem very expensive compared to chlorine--correct me if I'm wrong. From what I've learned here I'm leaning towards Dichlor.  I would like to keep it simple and minimize costs. Chas, 101, Dr., Wisoki, 944, McD, Steve, and all the other great dealers out there, what do you use in your personal spa?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2005, 03:45:59 pm by Gomboman »
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Hot Tub Forum

Dealers, what sanitizer do you use?
« on: May 13, 2005, 09:32:33 pm »

jss944

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Dealers, what sanitizer do you use?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2005, 10:45:31 pm »
I would like to know the answer to this Question as well!!

Jaymi

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2005, 12:26:18 am »
Brilliance.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2005, 01:18:10 am »
What ever I can get a free sample of  :P

Seriously, I use a passive copper ion system and dichlor.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

J._McD

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2005, 09:05:29 am »
Ozone backed up with di-chlor

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2005, 10:16:35 am »
Ozone and bromine.

zzaphod42

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2005, 10:18:58 am »
Bromine with a (Chas close your eyes) floater

kvnlaw

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2005, 10:57:36 am »
CD ozone,silver ions and small amount of dichlor

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2005, 11:13:18 am »
Bromine with a (Chas close your eyes) floater

;D

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2005, 03:56:50 pm »
What do you use 101?

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2005, 04:28:30 pm »
I use the frog which is a silver cartridge with bromine ...I ad a couple of teaspoons of DI chor once a week about 2 days after shocking....just to kick up up .... I also use sea klear once a week....

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2005, 04:58:07 pm »
I have used bromine with a floater for many years along with thousands of our customers. I highly recommend it as a very low maintenence system to fantastic water care. I've never been an advocate of having to spoonfeed a spa daily.

In fact, the crazy people here were the first ones I saw to consistantly recommend a teaspoon of dichlor daily as opposed to the easier method! ;D Bunch of lugnuts! ;D

I believe Chas can't recommend a floater system because of the composite material of a HS spa. Otherwise he'd be using it too I bet! ;)

Steve

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2005, 01:08:41 am »
Steve, can you explain the process?  I'm assuming you start out with bromine and to maintain the chemistry you just keep a floater with bromine in the tub?  Does it always stay in the spa?  It sounds easier than everything else I have read.  What are the disadvantages of bromine?  Are you saying that some manufacturers will void the warantee if you use a bromine floater?

I have used bromine with a floater for many years along with thousands of our customers. I highly recommend it as a very low maintenence system to fantastic water care. I've never been an advocate of having to spoonfeed a spa daily.

In fact, the crazy people here were the first ones I saw to consistantly recommend a teaspoon of dichlor daily as opposed to the easier method! ;D Bunch of lugnuts! ;D

I believe Chas can't recommend a floater system because of the composite material of a HS spa. Otherwise he'd be using it too I bet! ;)

Steve

« Last Edit: May 17, 2005, 01:09:40 am by Gomboman »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2005, 01:55:30 am »
I'm just heading to bed (I turn into a pumpkin right away ;D) So I'll address your questions in the morning...

Steve

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2005, 10:37:09 am »
You have to keep in mind that Steve is a heavy drinker, and doesn't alway make sense late at night. Kidding....
;)
If you want to use a floating feeder - as I do - try Brilliance. It is, in fact, Bromine. But it doesn't contain chlorine as do tablet-type bromine products. The chlorine in the tablet-type bromine gives off a constant gas cloud that will prematurely end the life of your cover and pillows. Liesure time, and others, also sell powdered forms of pure bromine, but they do not use a floating feeder, which is what Steve was saying he likes - and many of our customers do as well - it's nice to know it's in there all the time and you don't have to toss in the dichlor after each and every use.

You add MPS once a week with Birlliance, which does the part of the chlorine, but you get to do it with the cover open, and you get to control the dosage: more when you have used the tub a lot and less when you have not. As a result, you get years longer life from pillows and cover, and you get a sparkling tubful of water with a gentle, pleasant odor instead of that bromine funk.

How did I do Tundra Walker?

;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2005, 10:37:09 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42