What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Lookin for that lounger that will fit a tall guy  (Read 5755 times)

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
Lookin for that lounger that will fit a tall guy
« on: May 17, 2005, 01:55:30 pm »
I'm trying decide on a tub and I'm trying to be nice by selecting a tub that will accomodate someone that cannot go with me to see if they will fit in the lounger.  

He is 6'1" with most of his height being in his torso not in his legs.  

So far, my favorites are Hot Springs, Sundance and Marquis.  Any recommendations?

Hot Tub Forum

Lookin for that lounger that will fit a tall guy
« on: May 17, 2005, 01:55:30 pm »

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
Re: Lookin for that lounger that will fit a tall g
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005, 02:15:08 pm »
vlady,

As a MasterSpas LSX owner, I suggest giving the LSX a wet test.  Though I'm not tall (5'11"), I'm close enough to 6'1" to feel like it would be a good fit.  Though he can't try it, I suggest you try it and see......Good luck.
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

ahollander

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2005, 03:51:06 pm »
I am 6"2' and I have already wet test HS, Sundance, Artesian and D1 in the last couple of months.  The only one that fit was the D1 due to the adjustable neck pillow.  I enjoyed the HS and Sundance at the same level as the D-1 with the Artesian coming in 4th.

Good luck

shocker

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2005, 05:47:02 pm »
The Dimension 1 Chairman ll has a lounger that will
easily fit a 6'1" person. (Maybe even 7'1")
It would certainly be worth a look.

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2005, 06:02:57 pm »
Thanks for the responses.  The D1 dealer is a 3 hour drive away so I've not checked into that yet.  

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2005, 06:08:32 pm »
05 Reward from Marquis have a very deep lounge that works for people who are well over 6 ft...it is those who are less that have trouble with it....

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2005, 07:35:09 pm »
Thanks for the responses.  The D1 dealer is a 3 hour drive away so I've not checked into that yet.  

Be careful with dealers that are 3 hours away. Make sure you're comfortable that they can service your needs from that distance, including getting in writing what kind of trip charge you may incur for them to travel that far (even for warranty work).

I think you'll find that most all the major spa makers will have spas that are deep (typically 38" in depth) and have a lounger. This combination should accommodate a person 6'1". I'd recommend you see what's out there by finding your nearest dealers. To do so you can go to the websites of some of the more reputable major spa makers (Sundance, Hot Spring, Marquis, Caldera and D1 are my top choices and others will have their own favorites) and enter your zip code and voila.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Gary1911

• Master Spa LSX!
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2005, 08:39:55 pm »

Be careful with dealers that are 3 hours away. Make sure you're comfortable that they can service your needs from that distance, including getting in writing what kind of trip charge you may incur for them to travel that far (even for warranty work).

I think you'll find that most all the major spa makers will have spas that are deep (typically 38" in depth) and have a lounger. This combination should accommodate a person 6'1". I'd recommend you see what's out there by finding your nearest dealers. To do so you can go to the websites of some of the more reputable major spa makers (Sundance, Hot Spring, Marquis, Caldera and D1 are my top choices and others will have their own favorites) and enter your zip code and voila.

MASTER .......................they always forget Master ;D     Gary

rushfan2112

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2005, 09:56:45 pm »
I am 6'6" and all torso.. Have Sundance Maxxus.. Fits my better then anything else I  wet tested..

RF2112 ;D

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2005, 10:03:57 pm »
The Sundance Cameo is perfect for a 6'1" person.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2005, 06:20:16 am »
I was going to say the maxxus.  it is a nice deep tub.  Also consider arctic tundra really good tub great for tall people and big open foot well.

good luck

for once in my life, I am happy that I am short

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2005, 09:32:19 am »
Thanks for the suggestions.  

Unfortunately, my deck is only 12' wide so I was trying to stay at 7' and under size so I could allow plenty of walk around space.  

For Sundance, I thought the Maxxus and Cameo might be too big so I thought the Altamar would be a better fit.  The dealer recommended the Cameo for a tall person over the Altamar.  I looked at the Marin but I perfer a deep tub.

For Hot Springs, I liked the Envoy but I think it is too big and the other models aren't deep tubs.

For Marquis, I liked the Reward but I really wanted a stereo and their stereo option really isn't a stereo at all.

Decisions, decisions.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2005, 09:40:57 am by jnolan »

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2005, 10:11:17 am »
vlady,
An 8' tub on a 12' wide deck is very workable.....that's the design of mine.  I wouldn't go any less than 12' wide with an 8 footer, though.  You can see pics of mine here: LSX  The short measurement is 12'.  Notice the steps are located on one of the short sides.  I wish I could say this was intentional but it did worked out well.  When entering or, especially, exiting the tub, the deck railing offers a very nice handrail for stability.
Good luck!
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2005, 12:24:55 pm »

MASTER .......................they always forget Master ;D     Gary

Forgetting and omitting are not the same thing.  ;D

Actually I did cover it by saying "and others will have their own favorites".

220, 221, whatever it takes!

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2005, 12:03:42 pm »
I am 6 feet even and find the lounger in my Envoy somewhat too small to be ideal.  I use it, but it is a wee bit short for me.  Of course your results might vary, but I think if the lounger is very important to you that for someone taller, the Envoy would be less than ideal.  You might try the Caldera Geneva.  I also recall that the Jacuzzi Premium line had big loungers.

Bill

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2005, 12:03:42 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42