What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: NEED HELP! Dream Maker Hot Tub, good or bad?  (Read 7370 times)

gbpackfan

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
NEED HELP! Dream Maker Hot Tub, good or bad?
« on: May 19, 2005, 03:10:36 am »
I am looking at Dream Maker Hot tubs.  They are the kind that are all one unit and you just plug it into a regular outlet.  It only uses about 110 volts.  Does anyone know anything about these?  Cost to run, do they work?  They almost seem to good to be true.  I am looking at the Dream Maker Eclipse.  Now, this is not the "spa in a box" type.  It comes competely built.  I just dont know anything about them.  If you know anything about them, good or bad, please let me know.

Hot Tub Forum

NEED HELP! Dream Maker Hot Tub, good or bad?
« on: May 19, 2005, 03:10:36 am »

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
Re: NEED HELP! Dream Maker Hot Tub, good or bad?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 03:15:07 am »
I never heard of them before until now.  We have a product called soft tub which is similar.  

If this tub runs on 110, I am of the understanding that you are going to have a huge bill.  Tubs draw alot of energy and when you only run 110, I believe you bill will be a heck of a lot more than if it was a proper 220 hook up.

The tub from the pictures look a little cheap to be honest with you.  I dont know enough about them to offer you much info, just my thoughts.  

Spend the money on a good one, you will not regret it down the road.  Good luck

gbpackfan

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2005, 03:26:42 am »
bosco,

That's kind of what I was thinking.  Thanks for the help.

I am open to recommendations.  

Here is what I want.

The Hot Tub will be for my wife and I so it doesnt need to be huge.  It will be placed outdoors and I live in Wisconsin.  We want to use it year round.  I want something cost effective and comportable.  It really doesnt have to have all the bells and wistles.  We just want something that we will enjoy and we DONT want to get ripped off.  Any ideas?

Oh yeah, not that it isnt totally obvious, but this will be our first hot tub.  If that makes a difference.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2005, 03:41:55 am »
Well when you ask a question like that in here you get several people giving you recommendations.  

I purchased an arctic spa tundra signature series.  It is a really big tub.  

Arctic has a tub called the fox.  It is 7 by 5 and really well thought out.  One lounger, two deep seats and a bench for two people.  

I would also say dont limit yourself to just one brand.  Look at all the big names out there.  Sundance, hotsprings, D1, artesian, hydro pool, jacuzzi, and many more.

Things to consider though,

its a big purchase, get the tub you really want even if it is a couple bucks over budget.  You will regret it down the road.  

Dealer support is very important and make sure that your dealer has a good service rating and rapore with its customers.

Wet test everything you see.  This way you will develop an understanding of what fits you best.  

I truly think that you should spend a couple of bucks and get a good name tub.  If you buy that tub you are looking at, you will be replacing it quicker and wanting a better one.

Hot tubs are a great investment, you dont need bells and whistles but you should get a reputable brand.

I think that it is important to get at least a two pump system, ozonator (which helps reduce chemical costs) 220 volt tub, better on hydro, a good cover with lifter for sure.

You dont need a ton of jets in my opinion get enough to enjoy it.  I think that you will find that many people just turn them off after a bit and sit in the water and enjoy the heat.

When you buy these lower end hot tubs you just dont get the quality, warranty and support.  

Let the board know what dealers are around you and im sure you will get an earful of tubs to go and look at.

What is your budget as well.  This will help others when making recomendations.  What I suggest is start looking online and local stores.  After each wet test come and ask about the one you just tested.  

Good luck and keep us posted.

buckeyespa

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2005, 01:07:03 pm »
The Eclipse is a little spa. It costs more to run than a 220v spa, and the jets arent that powerful. Id recommend it as a secondary tub, wouldnt be my choice for first ownership.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2005, 01:07:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42