What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Luci, I'm home  (Read 5165 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Luci, I'm home
« on: May 16, 2005, 03:35:54 pm »
Just read your review of the spa you bought at Sam's club. Are you to the point of trying to return it? Getting service?  How is that going?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2005, 07:52:17 am by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

Luci, I'm home
« on: May 16, 2005, 03:35:54 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Luci, I'm home
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005, 12:58:55 am »
What is "No one seems to know how to help me and thought it would be top class because I've had good luck with the groceries, clothes and household items I get there" Alex.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Gary1911

• Master Spa LSX!
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2005, 07:00:20 am »
What is "No one seems to know how to help me and thought it would be top class because I've had good luck with the groceries, clothes and household items I get there" Alex.

;D ;D ;D Thats the first thing I learned "NOT TO GET THE HOME DEPOT SPECIAL!"

The I bought a M.....M......M.....LSX! ;D ;D ;) ;)

Ruby

• Marquis Epic
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2005, 09:07:18 am »
I just want to tell Luci that I had a very in depth conversation with a mgr at Sam's club about returns.  Apparently, Sams return policy is that you can return any item at any time for any reason.  We were talking about a pressure washer at the time,  but he told me that people return matteresses after 5 years of use and there are no questions asked as long as they have the reciept.  Good luck Luci, and let me know how it goes.

Ruby
Minnesota Consumer
Been soaking since 7/2004

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2005, 09:38:29 am »
So I could buy a pressure washer there, abuse it to death for a few years, say run it without oil and burn up the motor, and return it and get a full refund, as long as I have a receipt?
Brewman
Brewman

Ruby

• Marquis Epic
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2005, 10:01:16 am »
That's pretty much what I said to him and he said yes.  When I was researching pressure washers and thier warrenties thru Lowe's and Northern Hydrolics, I found out that unless you spend big bucks on an industrial pressure washer, their life expectancy is not very long.  I told the guy at Sam's that and he still backed up his statement that if I have the reciept, I can return it.  I paid about 250.00 for it, so it's not going to break me if it's not true, but I'm curious to see what happens in a few years when the pump goes out.

I would be interested to hear if anyone has returned anything to Sam's after a length of time and how it went for them.
Minnesota Consumer

Ruby

• Marquis Epic
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2005, 10:22:52 am »
Just to expand on this return policy a little more- just to see what would happen- and to see if this guy was upfront with me, I just got off the phone with Sam's-

ME: What is your return policy?

THE GIRL WHO ANSWERED THE PHONE: What is the item?

ME:  A Matteress

HER:  Do you still have the reciept?

ME: Yes

HER:  We will give you a full return

ME: Even If I bought it 5 years ago?

Her: Yes

ME: Thank You.
Minnesota Consumer

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2005, 11:09:45 am »
Wow.  How can they do that?  Seems like business suicide to me.  Wonder if this policy is in writng somewhere.  I'd be really curious to read it.  
Brewman
Brewman

Ruby

• Marquis Epic
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2005, 11:21:05 am »
This is the closest thing I could find- I found it on their website

WARRANTY AND RETURN POLICY

100% GUARANTEE ON EVERY PRODUCT WE SELL

If you purchase an item that is defective or with which you are not satisfied, you may return it for a full refund.

• If you have the receipt we will refund your money

• If you do not have the receipt, we will refund the current scanning price to your SAM’S CLUB Business or Personal Credit Account, or with a SAM’S CLUB shopping card

• Computers may be returned within six (6) months of original purchase only

• Fresh products have a 200% guarantee, and SAM’S CLUB will double the refund, or refund the purchase price and replace the item
Minnesota Consumer

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2005, 01:58:07 pm »
are their spas fresh?
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2005, 06:28:56 am »
That seems like one of these really small prints are somewhere.  Read the small print!!! that sounds to good to be true.

this is small print, you may think it is a bunch of dots but it was cut from sams website on returns.  It says suckers, we are lying to you, buy the product and just try and return it for a refund.  We will make your life hell.

obi wan

• you're just jealous the voices only talk to ME!
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2005, 10:34:18 am »
i cant guarantee current policy, but a couple of years ago i returned one of those tabletop convection ovens to sams. (the one you add plastic rings to, to make it tall enought to roast a turkey in). i bought it, used it several times, over about 2 months, and decided it was NOT the revolution in cooking that it was supposed to be, and it joined some other"gadgets" in a cabinet.sat there for almost a year. a friend of mine told me about the return policy and insisted i return it. i took it back to the store,(didn't even have the box) told them i had used it several times and was not satisfied, and they gave me a store credit, not a refund, for full price($92) as i didnt have the receipt.
i didnt feel pressured at all, and only took a few minutes... thats one reason i continue to shop there.
not for spas of course ::) ::)............but for lots of other stuff
« Last Edit: May 18, 2005, 10:36:01 am by kent »

buckeyespa

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2005, 11:57:57 am »
Im glad the spas dont show up in the two local Sams Club here!  I saw some in Dallas not too long ago, and I laughed silly. No one knew anything about them, no one new about where the service dept. was for them, etc.

Who is making the spas for Walmart? Are they the same ones that Sams Club has?

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2005, 07:51:33 am »
Well, I emailed her and got this reply

Unfortunately, we're still waiting for a tech to come out and fix it, which won't be until next week!!  If it is not fixed, Sam's club will owe me a refund.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2005, 08:46:30 am »
Have fun returning the spa.  I suspect return shipping isn't part of the deal.

Brewman
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2005, 08:46:30 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42