What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance Owners/Dealers Please Help!  (Read 8719 times)

Cgar

• Havanas and hot tubs... a match made in heaven.
Re: Sundance Owners/Dealers Please Help!
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2005, 04:16:51 pm »
Uh, while that may be true of the brand that you represent Terminator, it's not universally true.  One of the brands that we represent allows us to host 2 off-site events per year where they offer us discounts on the wholesale cost of the spas.  We are then able to pass these savings on to consumers.  So, in fact, they do get significantly better pricing at our off-site events for this brand (for what it's worth).
« Last Edit: May 18, 2005, 04:18:04 pm by Cgar »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2005, 04:16:51 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2005, 04:24:19 pm »
I understand that the factory will give you discounts on wholesale pricing, we do that too.  Are you saying that the customer cannot come to your store and get the same exact price?  If I were a dealer in that situation, I'd be highly agitated to have those parameters placed on me.

Who does the selling at these off-site events?  Who pays them?  Who receives payment for the spas?  Just curious...maybe I'm missing something.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Chris_H

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2005, 05:09:12 pm »
Uh, while that may be true of the brand that you represent Terminator, it's not universally true.  One of the brands that we represent allows us to host 2 off-site events per year where they offer us discounts on the wholesale cost of the spas.  We are then able to pass these savings on to consumers.  So, in fact, they do get significantly better pricing at our off-site events for this brand (for what it's worth).

Sundance doesn't do this.

leesweet

• '05 SD Maxxus
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2005, 05:19:57 pm »
So, what was said in Reply 12 above about this Sundance 'event' isn't correct about 'special pricing', then?  Or what?
--
Lee

guarn3md

• Still waiting...
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2005, 09:41:36 pm »
Due to the controversy on this post my husband called the local dealer sponsoring this event.  He spoke with our original sales person who told him that this sale is supported by the store and that store will service the spa.  The spa is being sold through their store, off site with Factory reps!  The sales receipt that we have is from Ace Hardware & Hearth.  He said all is on the up and up and furthermore understood why we bought from this sale since he couldn't touch the price we got!  He said that the local sales people were being compensated for sales made at the off site.  They also pulled inventory from their stores for immediate deliveries.
The sales person that we spoke to off site said he was from Sundance in California.  I believe him...  He says he has been to our area three times - last fall to help Ace kick off selling Sundance, Winter when they opened the second location and now for this sale.  I know these events to be true because I have been watching the hot tub market in my area for the past year and all of these occurrences have happened.  In recent weeks, Jacuzzi premium and Hot Springs have held off site factory authorized tent sales.  Currently in this area we have this Sundance Sale and one from Marquis.  
What is a consumer to do...  I have done my research, read the posts here, some what know what I am talking about and listening too.  I have questioned and verified what I was told at the sale.  I don't know what else I am to do...
Sorry for the long post, but this is frustrating - I can't wait for my hot tub to get here so I can relax! ;D

Soakin

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2005, 03:01:09 am »
...this sale is supported by the store and that store will service the spa.  The spa is being sold through their store, off site with Factory reps! ... He said all is on the up and up and furthermore understood why we bought from this sale since he couldn't touch the price we got!  He said that the local sales people were being compensated for sales made at the off site.  They also pulled inventory from their stores for immediate deliveries...

I'm not a dealer, but I think any "controversy" might stem from the standpoint that seems to be no reason that a dealer (or the manufacturer for that matter) could only offer their best price to customers who go to an offsite location, rather than the home store -- especially when the dealer is involved in the event and at least some of the spas are coming out of dealer inventory!  The manufacturer appears to be helping the dealer generate interest and excitement by offering a discount on certain spas, and providing sales and marketing assistance for a short time -- creating an "Event".  All to your benefit, because you did your homework, recognized a good deal when you saw it, and took advantage of it.  Good for you!

The only reasons that come to mind for having a higher price at the store is to reinforce that the "Event Deals" are only available for a short time, due to manufacturer incentives, and to avoid having the customer who bought a spa 2 months ago at a price that was fair when the incentives were not available, come in for chemicals and see a much lower price quoted.  Better to blame it on the "factory direct tent sale".

None of the factory/dealer machinations make any difference to you, so don't worry about it.  You are happy, your dealer is happy, so it is all good -- and it will only get better when your spa arrives 8)!  

Congratulations!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2005, 09:47:30 am »
Soakin is exactly right!  It does not matter to you, the consumer.  You will get the low price.  My point was only that you can get the same, maybe even a little better price, at the store.  The factory is not going to come to a dealer's territory and undersell them, I don't care what manufacturer it is.  It is a marketing ploy to create a sense of urgency that "you will miss out if you don't buy right away."  

The manufacturer gets money for the spa they shipped, the dealer gets his profit, and the salesperson (whoever it may be) gets their commission.  If you buy at the store, the rep gets cut out unless you talked to them first.

For example, if you go to an ABC Spa tent sale.  They have 10 of their best selling spas there.  The model you want is not there, it is at the showroom.  You're not going to buy a spa without at least seeing it first.  Go to the showroom and look at the spa, wet test it, and you can buy it at the "factory direct price".  I guarantee!

Terminator  
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Soakin

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2005, 11:16:08 am »
Soakin is exactly right!   

Don't sound so surprised ;D!  As someone much wiser than me once said, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2005, 11:16:08 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42