What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Which brand is the best from these 3?  (Read 4562 times)

hoyas33

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Which brand is the best from these 3?
« on: May 10, 2005, 11:04:46 am »
I am purchasing a cabin through Century 21.  The owner of C21 also happens to own a spa dealership and told me he could get me a good deal since I am  buying a cabin through him.  He carries Coleman, Artesian and Great Lakes.  Any thoughts on these lines?  I am the same person who doesn't want to spend over $5000 for everything and would like to seat at least 5 peeps comfortably.  I do plan to wet test, but I like the idea of getting a good deal from him.  

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Which brand is the best from these 3?
« on: May 10, 2005, 11:04:46 am »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Which brand is the best from these 3?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2005, 11:08:09 am »
I'd suggest you ask to wet test an Artesian and a Coleman to see which fits/feels best to you.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2005, 11:43:14 am »
I agree Coleman or the Artisan ...

leisure

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2005, 12:36:37 pm »
Great Lakes is not a bad product, just VERY simple. Like Dynasty the controls are balboa and the jets are made by Waterway like alot of tubs. They just dont do alot of extras. They are priced on the small side. I know this because i carry a couple of the small ones for people who want a round tub of dont want to pay alot of money ;D

hoyas33

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2005, 12:42:36 pm »
We definitely don't need fancy...I would prefer a diamond shaped tub because that is all I have ever been in...although I am not totally opposed to round as long as they are comfy and can seat 5-6 people.  I want a reliable tub, no bells or whistles for weekend use.  Sounds like all 3 are somewhat good brands and have economical choices.  Thanks and I will let you know what I test and what price he is giving me before I buy.

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2005, 11:13:38 pm »
I think that you should go with Artesian.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2005, 05:19:23 am »
I think the Coleman and the Artiesan are the better tubs, and I own a GL but I would venture to guess that the GL is the least expensive of the 3 and it will also be a trouble free tub. I payed 4 grand for my GL and it is almost 4 years old. No problems but almost time for a new cover.
Retired

RTex

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2005, 11:06:31 pm »
You've probalby read or heard this many times but I think, after evaluating how comfortable you feel sitting in each company's spas, you shoud place heavy emphasis on how you feel about the dealer.  Does it seem like they will be around for awhile?  Are they close enough to make it likely they will servide you if and when you need it?  Do they seem to be genuinely customer oriented? Does it appear they are going to be selling this brand for awhile after you buy?   I am about to make a decision myself after looking at over 10 different hot tubs but have reduced it to three: Arctic, Marquis, and Coleman.  There were other brands and dealers that seemed okay but I decided they are too far away from me (over twenty miles) However, in addition, I may eliminate Coleman as well because the saleswoman (owner) told me it would be a lot of work for her to uncrate the model I am interested in for me to sit in it.  In addition, she said I would need to come up with a couple of people to help position the hot tub (outside) when it is delivered or it would cost me extra for delivery.  Considering we were talking about a 7-8 thousand dollar purchase, it didn't seem right to me that it was too much bother to uncrate the spa or that I should have to look for help to set it up.  So.....given that the nearby Arctic dealer and the Marquis dealer seemed more hospitable, I guess I'm going to choose between these two.  good luck!

jaj111

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2005, 07:55:17 pm »
I had a Coleman for 12 yrs. Great tub

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2005, 11:07:49 am »
I do plan to wet test, but I like the idea of getting a good deal from him.  
Getting a good deal means more than the price. If you settle for a tub that only meets about half of your criteria just because your dealer is giving you some money off his regular price, I would say you are not getting a value.

Shop as if money were not the object, and you may end up in love with a completely different spa. Now if you end up back at the agent's place, go for it.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2005, 11:07:49 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42