What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Selling tub  (Read 1874 times)

bub b

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Selling tub
« on: May 16, 2005, 12:26:31 pm »
WE have had our tub 4 years now -Sundance Optima-and  we just don't use it  that much anymore.I am thinking about selling it due to the cost of maintaning the water when nobody has been in the thing for weeks.

What would be the value of the tub?        

Hot Tub Forum

Selling tub
« on: May 16, 2005, 12:26:31 pm »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
Re: Selling tub
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2005, 02:02:13 pm »
Here's a basic formula to give you some guidelines on determining value.

Take the price that you paid for your spa, and subtract approx $75.00 per month usage. If the cover needs replacing, deduct that also. That will give you a rough idea of it's value in resale market.

Not rocket science but a start... :-/ ;D

Steve

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2005, 10:32:15 pm »
Here's another way to calculate it. Figure out what you paid for it originally and then divide that in half. That's your starting point. If you cover is in poor shape, subtract about $500. If you haven't maintaned it well or if it has any mechanical or electrical issues, the discounts could go deeper. Reselling a spa is not an easy thing to do but there are a LOT of poeple out there that have set a price limit on what they are willing to spend. Many of them (as I original did) set that figure at $5K. After a while they find out they can't get a "quality spa" (like you Optima) for that level. But they SHOULD be able to buy a used one for that level. Some have paid as low as $2,500 for an older Optima in need of repairs, covers, etc. Others have paid as much as $4,000 for one in good shape.  Good luck!
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2005, 10:32:15 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42