What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 3 or 5 year warranty  (Read 2547 times)

shane

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
3 or 5 year warranty
« on: May 15, 2005, 04:41:00 pm »
Yes, me again.  I thoght it would be easier to post single questions rather than one long one to stay on point.  

Coleman has a 5 year warranty.  Artesian has 3 year.  Should I be concerned with Artesian only having a 3 year?  What is average/typical?

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

3 or 5 year warranty
« on: May 15, 2005, 04:41:00 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: 3 or 5 year warranty
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2005, 04:49:38 pm »
Its one of the ways to try and keep the costs down of the spa...Go with the one the fits your best..Both are respected ....

autoplay

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2005, 06:31:21 pm »
Warranty only as good as the product. If they have to service/replace a product "X" amount of times,what's it really worth?

A tile/stone shop I use to work for in CA,offered/gave their clients a 20 year guarantee as far as installation. It's unheard of in that industry,but my former shop was/is confident in their product,and their installers.

Guess what I'm saying is,a zillion year warranty is great,but what is it worth,in relationship to the product?

Most manufacturers understand what will break,and when,and build their warranty policy around that. I personally expect to replace a pump/motor in 5-7 years on my spa,and if it's fesible,I'll do the work myself.  As I have mentioned in the past,if I get 7-10 years out of my spa,I will be happy.

Hopefully by then,they will have incorporated 1 of my ideas,use a compressor to cool my beers,and heat the water,all in 1 SIMPLE package ;)

GL with your purchasing decision,let the comfort of the spa,and the dealer,be your guiding light in the land of hot,bubbily H20

LtDan

• Jacuzzi J345
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2005, 06:40:30 pm »

Hopefully by then,they will have incorporated 1 of my ideas,use a compressor to cool my beers,and heat the water,all in 1 SIMPLE package ;)

Pure genius. I thought I solved the hot tub/cold beer problem by buying a kegorator on wheels so I can just roll 15.5 gallons of LaBatts next to the hot tub. I like your idea better, more energy efficient.

mowgli1

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2005, 06:45:11 pm »
Yes, me again.  I thoght it would be easier to post single questions rather than one long one to stay on point.  

Coleman has a 5 year warranty.  Artesian has 3 year.  Should I be concerned with Artesian only having a 3 year?  What is average/typical?

Thanks!

Artesian platinum series has five year warranty

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2005, 07:18:20 pm »
Shane,

The warrantee on the Platinum and Gold series is 5

years. You can buy up to a 5 year warrantee for the

Island Series also.

Hottubber... ;D

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2005, 10:44:43 pm »
The length of a warranty isn't necessairly indicitave of the quality of the product.  Just depends on how much the mfg.s want to cover.  Longer warranty = higher purchase price.  Really, all you're doing in this example is extending the lenth of warranty protection by 2 years.  If the spa needs repair in this time, you pay instead of the factory.  How likely is it that a couple hundred dollar repair is going to bankrupt you?  
Brewman
Brewman

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2005, 05:04:49 pm »
Chances are pretty good that regardless of the brand and superior warranty, you're paying for it somewhere!
Gurantees aren't free and cost the manufacturers a great deal of money. One has the 5 years priced into the spa...the other doesn't.

There's far more complelling reasons to make your choice such as comfort, hydrotherapy, low manitenence, quality of the dealer and overall value to you.

Steve

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2005, 05:04:49 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42