What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help I need some advice  (Read 2462 times)

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
Help I need some advice
« on: May 15, 2005, 02:55:20 pm »
Ok, here I go.  I have placed a deposit on the arctic tundra like everyone already knows.  I have been reading so many people talking about how great the new sundance maxxus is.  I have to tell you, I love it too.  I went and looked at it and would love to buy it.

Here is the problem, my arctic taxes in plus bar, stools, steps, ozone, deluxe 5 lights, cover, lifter, chemicals, forever floor and two robes, GFCI included  11,500.

the maxxus here is 16500 canadian taxes in at my local sundance dealer, thats just including cover and lifter.  

I think the main problem is that I am waiting for my funding and cement to come together and it is giving me lots of time to think.  

what should I do, I really dont think that I can afford an extra 5000 canadian but I dont want to regret my decison.  can anyone local tell me what they have seen the tub for and what they paid if they bought one.  

Im so confused now.  This sucks, I loved my arctic yesterday and now I am not sure.

Hot Tub Forum

Help I need some advice
« on: May 15, 2005, 02:55:20 pm »

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
Re: Help I need some advice
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2005, 03:09:45 pm »
bosco,

Forgive me for not knowing this but how many brands/tubs did you test before you decided on Arctic?

Spahappy :D

J._McD

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2005, 03:12:25 pm »
I can't really help on the $$ side, but you will be sitting in this tub for the next 15-20 years.  I know they are both good but have you presented your dilema to the maxxus dears?  Is he willing to maoving, knowing your have you check book in hand and ready to buy an artic?

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2005, 03:31:31 pm »
hey not to worry.

I tested jacuzzi J365, and j375 (didnt like it)
arctic spas summit, fox, avalanche, and tundra.
coleman spas did not like feel loved look
tested beachcomber, canspa, catalina and hydro pool, suncoast and my buddies gulfcoast.

I also tried sundance optima, I loved it but like the depth of arctic tundra better.  then came the maxxus.  I think I just have buyers remorse.

we will see what kind of deal I can get on it.

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2005, 03:38:56 pm »
Get the spa you love and you'll never have buyers remorce. ;)

Spahappy :D

mowgli1

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2005, 03:41:37 pm »
Bosco, we were in the same position as you. We were ready to buy a D1 Sarena Bay until we saw the new Maxxus. We had looked at the '04 Maxxus and liked the SB better.  However once we saw the '05 Maxxus we changed our  mind. 5k is a steep price increase. In our case the Maxxus was 2k cheaper then the SB., so that was another positive consideration. As J. McD says you are looking at a long term investment. Make sure whatever you choose keeps you happy for a long time. Good Luck
« Last Edit: May 15, 2005, 06:47:12 pm by mowgli1 »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2005, 06:29:15 pm »
You are looking at nice products in both ....Unless you have deep pockets you might always see something that looks better....I will say this most of our customers seem to as happy with a 15 jets and a 4000.00 unit as those with 50 jets and 8000.00 unit ....If you feel the step up in price is worth it to you....than try and make it happen....but in the end you probably enjoy either spa just fine.... Hot water and jets simply make you feel better....

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2005, 06:29:15 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42