What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Prices  (Read 14826 times)

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
Re: Prices
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2005, 08:42:02 pm »
I'm not even a dealer just a customer, and you are correct, I have learned the hard way a few times. This time I paid more to buy from a dealer that has been around a long time, and one that I felt good to give my hard earned money to, in exchange for good service. I hope I never need to find out, but I have confidance, if needed that dealer will help me. Price is not everything, it is very important, but it is not everything!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2005, 08:42:02 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2005, 09:05:30 pm »
As far as pricing is concerned, I used to think that having it written down is better but now I believe that it doesn't matter as long as I get the feeling that I'm being treated right.

I think the biggest problem that you face as a retailer is the fact that to most people a tub is a tub, even a HD tub. I spent months looking for a tub as probably everybody here did but there's a lot of people who will just go out and buy a tub. And as tubs approach the price of some cars, people are going to wonder why! And they want that $5K "bargain". As it was said - service is under appreciated until it is needed. How many people buy things with the attitude that it's going to need service - just the opposite we all hope that it'll last 15 years without service.

As I was shopping, I was looking for the "best bang for my buck" and I personally couldn't justify paying $10K for a tub. Some of the dealers that I went to didn't have their manufacturers secondary tubs to show and pushed the more expensive lines. I didn't like the feeling of "I'm an idiot if I don't buy a very expensive tub" .

I believe people can tell honest people by how their spoken to and the actions of the salesperson. If you take the time as a salesperson and listen to your customers and they like you - it doesn't matter how the price is presented, they will trust you!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2005, 09:06:15 pm by Vinny »

J._McD

« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2005, 11:03:53 pm »
None of us want to buy the wrong tub at a price we shouldn't pay.  That is why we shop.  When we shop we get educated about what we don't know.  The more we learn and know the more informed we are.  That is why we shop.

When we put the money down we make that decision and we really should not look back.  It is a good decision based on our informed shopping experience.  It is just that some of us focus more on one issue than the other, then say we buy quality over price when it is really price over quality and service is not a factor.

I have always said you can not sit in a picture.  Our brand has 16 different models and we represent and show all of them.  If you want me to move it into water for a test, I am willing to do that at my expense, but first I want to know how serious you are.

I have the belief in my product that it will not break down.  BUT, the first problem you are going to have is with the water and guess what, it is not covered by the warranty.  Check out all of these forums.  You will see "trouble with Baqua", "when do I shock", "is chlorine better than bromine", "how can I do this or do that"  It seems that no one has a dealer to go to seek counsel or advice.  By golly, a lot of you posters have bought from dealers that have been worth their weight in gold.  They are there when you need them and THAT IS SERVICE.

It dosen't have to break or be a malfunction.  More than 70% of our service is accomplished on the telephone without charge or expense to our customer.  If they have a symptomatic problem that indicates a dirty filter, it is fixed on the phone.  Typically, if they were a "negotiator" they DEMAND that some one come out and fix their problem.  They refuse to take ownership and care for their property.  We go out and Yup! we told you on the phone it was a dirty filter, that will be $50.  Not everything is free or covered by the warranty.

It's all about help us help you, and we do a damn good job helping our customers.  

Vinny said, "I believe people can tell honest people by how their spoken to and the actions of the salesperson. If you take the time as a salesperson and listen to your customers and they like you - it doesn't matter how the price is presented, they will trust you!

They might like you, and they might trust you, but with some PRICE prevails and they will buy from any opposing dealer that is cheaper.  

It is all about Price for some, not all.  As a seller of one brand, we are not the cheapest, we do make a difference, and we keep our customers happy.  

Now that is a specialty store.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2005, 09:04:10 am by J._McD »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2005, 07:13:38 am »
None of us want to buy the wrong tub at a price we shouldn't pay.  That is why we shop.  When we shop we get educated about what we don't know.  The more we learn and know the more informed we are.  That is why we shop.

When we put the money down we make that decision and we really should not look back.  It is a good decision based on our informed shopping experience.  It is just that some of us focus mone on one issue than the other, then say we buy quality over price when it is really price over quality and service is not a factor.

I believe the truth is ALL dealers tell us that their brand is quality - it's up to the consumer to believe it or not. It doesn't matter if their selling the big 4 or Cal Spas and IF we the consumer heard it a lot we will be looking to save a buck and buy the cheapest we can get.

[/quote]
I have the belief in my product that it will not break down.  BUT, the first problem you are going to have is with the water and guess what, it is not covered by the warranty.  Check out all of these forums.  You will see "trouble with Baqua", "when do I shock", "is chlorine better than bromine", "how can I do this or do that"  It seems that no one has a dealer to go to seek counsel or advice.  By golly, a lot of you posters have bought from dealers that have been worth their weight in gold.  They are there when you need them and THAT IS SERVICE.[/quote]

The internet is faceless and I believe that DEALERS (not all dealers) have lied to these people and they need help or want reassurance. If Baqua is SO BAD, why is it being sold ... to line the pockets of DEALERS and MANUFACTURERS of products. Also, water chemistry is a mystery to some people. I told someone to stop using test strips and they couldn't handle the chemistry behind the drop test! Remember that some of  these people believe they are doing what they've read or been told. Who knows I might be asking similar questions!

[/quote]
It doesn't have to break or be a malfunction.  More than 70% of our service is accomplished on the telephone without charge or expense to our customer.  If they have a symptomatic problem that indicates a dirty filter, it is fixed on the phone.  Typically, if they were a "negotiator" they DEMAND that some one come out and fix their problem.  They refuse to take ownership and care for their property.  We go out and Yup! we told you on the phone it was a dirty filter, that will be $50.  Not everything is free or covered by the warranty.

It's all about help us help you, and we do a damn good job helping our customers.  
[/quote]

I hope this to be true of ALL good dealers!

[/quote]

Vinny said, "I believe people can tell honest people by how their spoken to and the actions of the salesperson. If you take the time as a salesperson and listen to your customers and they like you - it doesn't matter how the price is presented, they will trust you!

They might like you, and they might trust you, but with some PRICE prevails and they will buy from any opposing dealer that is cheaper.  

It is all about Price for some, not all.  As a seller of one brand, we are not the cheapest, we do make a difference, and we keep our customers happy.  

Now that is a specialty store.[/quote]

In all sales positions - you can't win them all. You have the people who have the money and price is no object and the ones who can barely scrape up the money and really shouldn't be buying it!

Gaia

• Bubbles! Bubbles! My bubbles!!!!
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2005, 03:03:56 pm »
Thanks for all the advice on this site.

I own a 1995 Blue Ridge spa (6-person) that came with the house I bought. It's indoors and I'm looking for something more therapuetic and smaller to take it's place. I went to 4 dealers in Bloomington, Illinois last weekend to compare spas.  
The dealer that made the biggest impression on me was the only one that had prices posted with the floor model- the price was for what was in the floor model.  I like that they were the most up-front.  

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2005, 04:09:50 pm »
I'd love to see the prices posted with a list of what that includes or even a package price as stated in another post.

I'm not wanting that so that I can find the "best deal" or to try to haggle on a price.  I want to shop and compare at my pace.  

I don't like to have to ask what is the price, what does that include, what is the warranty, will you service it - for every single model in the showroom.  

Post the prices and let me find the price range and model that interests me, then the sales person is welcomed.  Besides, a sales person following me around is distracting.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2005, 04:09:50 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42