What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: ever heard of Lifesprings spas?  (Read 1985 times)

Jay_M

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
ever heard of Lifesprings spas?
« on: May 08, 2005, 05:41:33 am »
I saw an ad in the local paper for what appeared to be a used spa, but it said "never used, worth $5700, sell for $1750

This sounded like a good deal so i took the bait and called.  Well it turned out to be what they describe as a spa wholesaler.

They said it is by appointment only to come see the spa.  So I set up an apointment.

When I got there it turned out that there were about 10 other people who had the same apointment with th same sales guy.

After the hour and a half, high-pressure, sales  presentation, we were given what seemed like a great deal.

We could take the Walmart quality $1750 spa, or take there $8000 spa for just $5400.  But that price was only good that day.

If you want to go home and think about it they won't honor the "deal" when you come back.

The whole deal reminded me of a kirby vacuume cleaner salesman, or a cutco knives deal.

they had a good medium priced spa that I really like for $3900.  the quality appears to be very high, but I don't know if they will sell it to  me  ???

http://www.lifespringsspas.com/

the better ones are made of some sort of thermo-plastic with fiberglass reinforcement ie- not full foam.

thanks for the help:)

~Jay

Hot Tub Forum

ever heard of Lifesprings spas?
« on: May 08, 2005, 05:41:33 am »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: ever heard of Lifesprings spas?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2005, 12:53:44 pm »
Lifesprings is a great con game and one of the reasons so many dislike and mistrust so many sales people...You are paying for what you are getting and nothing more as is the case in most things ....We live in such a competitive environment that it is unwise to think someone has really cornered the market and a found a way to under cut everyone else while still maintaining the same product quality and service standards ...The quality of the spa is just what it is priced at ...My service tech told me he replaced three heaters on the same spa within the same month that the components they use are very cheap ... Personally I am insulted by the way they do business ...The first call I made when I started looking for a spa was to in response to the very ad you spoke about..... I have been in sales all my life and knew what they were doing after haggling with the girl on the phone to talk with a sale manger I spoke with one and asked if I were going to be getting a discount for things like a sign in the yard and a picture and letter of the spa he said yes.....and I said pass as that is an old school thing going back to 50's and "tin men " sales. the spa you can buy from them for 4000.00 is nothing more than a 4000.00 spa ....
« Last Edit: May 08, 2005, 08:16:25 pm by Mendocino101 »

J._McD

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2005, 01:39:23 pm »
Jay, we had an outfit in town that did that for a coulple of years before they moved out in the middle of the night with 56 pending complaints at the attorney generals office.

They did it in another town before here but, the pickings were a lot better here, which means people are gulible.  These "sharks" feed on the "price shopper" and the "bargain hunter", that makes you the "shark bait".

I can not tell you how upsetting it is to legetimate dealers who support the familes of employees to service their product and their customers, while people shop price to get that "better deal", when unknowingly, they are being ripped off.  Then, like you, you don't trust the honest dealer to give you a "fair" price.  How can you trust the dealer who gives you a low price?

And you say there were 10 other people there for the same guy, wow, I wonder how many of them bought the bagain because they thought...............  And Then, everybody gets a bad attitude about this industry, go figure.

Look for a dealer who has been in business for more than 10 years, or one who has been handling the same line for a long time.

Remember this:  If it is a good deal today, then it will be a good deal tomarrow if they are honest people.  When you have to make a decision right then and there, they do not believe you will be coming back.  If that is the case, count your fingers after every hand shake. ::)

I hope this guy's name wasn't Tony M. ???

sahesson

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2005, 01:42:06 am »
 I would stay away from these guys, My wife and I went to one of there 2hr meetings along with 4 other couples that answered the same add. They advertise a spa that you cant even buy and buy the time you find one that they explain in the add your at $6K. Bad Deal !  :-X

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2005, 01:42:06 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42