What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: BRAND VS DEALER LOCATION  (Read 3290 times)

c_van_dyke

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
BRAND VS DEALER LOCATION
« on: April 30, 2005, 08:52:21 pm »
I HAVE WANTED A SPA FOR MANY YEARS.  THE KIDS ARE GONE AND I CAN FINALLY JUSTIFY THE EXPENSE  ;D .    

UNFORTUANTELY I DO NOT LIVE IN A LARGE METROPOLITAN AREA AND OF THE MAJOR SPA LINES ONLY JACUZZI HAS A DEALER IN MY IMMEDIATE AREA.  SUNDANCE HAS A DEALER ABOUT 50MI AWAY THE OTHER MFGRS ARE BETWEEN 65-150 MI.

HOW IMPORTANT IS IT TO HAVE YOUR DEALER CLOSE AND WHAT DOES A DEALER CONSIDER CLOSE TO BE? ???

HOW MUCH SHOULD I SACRIFICE FOR A NEARBY DEALER?

Hot Tub Forum

BRAND VS DEALER LOCATION
« on: April 30, 2005, 08:52:21 pm »

Payton3485

• 2005 Sundance Majesta
Re: BRAND VS DEALER LOCATION
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2005, 08:59:26 pm »
I think many here will tell you that both matter equally. I would first find the spa you really want and then see where the dealers are located. If the dealer is far out, you may want to ask them if they charge an additional fee for traveling to your home if you have services performed on the spa. The brand is of course important but so is the dealer. If you get a great spa, you need to make sure there is someone who can come to your home to properly service it. Unlike a car, you can't bring your spa to them, they have to come to you. Good luck in your search. By the way, Sundance and Jacuzzi are both great spas. I like Sundance but I am biased  ;D

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2005, 09:15:19 pm »
Where do you live?  Talk to the dealers you mentioned about their service. If they are not in a large area they may depend on customers that are not that local and may depend on people like you for their existance and may already have many customers from your area.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2005, 09:51:58 pm »
I agree with Bill!

If dealers are used to traveling 100 miles to get to their customers then they may consider that "local". Have the dealer tell you yes or no! I've learned not to think for other people because I usually think wrong for them. ;D

I called many dealers in my area (I have a lot of dealers around) and gave it a about 1 hour drive time and none of the dealers told me no.

RTex

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2005, 11:33:22 pm »
Try to find out if there are any established spa repair services/technicians who regularly service your area.  I'm referring to independent service guys/gals.  Then call them and ask them which brands they service or have contracts with (some dealers contract out their service it seems).  If this works, then take the time to travel to those dealers to wet test the spas.  Hope this helps.  In fact, when your warranty runs out (typcially within 1 to 7 years, depending on brand and what it is you need repaired on your spa), then you could still use this spa repair service to help you out and you will know he or she is already familiar with your brand.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2005, 07:56:49 am »
One of the techs at my dealer lives about 55 miles south of town. If there is a late afternoon call, or an early morning call in his neck of the woods he grabs it, so maybe that area gets preferential treatment  ;D.  If it works to his benefit and the customers, and my service remains great, all is well.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2005, 07:56:49 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42