What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: USED SPA QUESTION...SUNDANCE 1989 CABERET  (Read 1731 times)

squinnman

USED SPA QUESTION...SUNDANCE 1989 CABERET
« on: May 02, 2005, 11:23:55 pm »
I HAVE THE OPTION OF AQUIRING A USED 1989 SUNDANCE "CABERET" SPA.  I HAVE SEEN THE SPA EMPTY BUT HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT IT WAS RECENTLY INSPECTED AND IS FULLY FUNCTIONAL.  I WILL GET IT FOR FREE. I JUST HAVE TO ARRANGE FOR TRANSPORTATION.

WHAT TO DO?  THE SHELL LOOKS FINE.  HOW MANY YEARS MIGHT THIS BE GOOD FOR?  IS THERE SUPPORT OUT THERE FOR SPAS THAT ARE FROM 1989??  ANY ADVICE WOULD BE HELPFUL.

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Hot Tub Forum

USED SPA QUESTION...SUNDANCE 1989 CABERET
« on: May 02, 2005, 11:23:55 pm »

Payton3485

• 2005 Sundance Majesta
Re: USED SPA QUESTION...SUNDANCE 1989 CABERET
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2005, 11:27:03 pm »
If it is for free, go for it! As long as you can arrange picking it up and installing it, it seems like a good idea in my honest opinion. Even if you get just a few years out of it, I am sure you will enjoy it and it can give you some time to plan on purchasing a 200? spa. Good luck!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2005, 08:48:07 am »
No tub is free, there are some things you may want or need to do right away:
Dealers charge $400 to move a spa out here - give or take.
New cover - $400 give or take.
Wiring? Call for estimates.
Supplies? You may get enough from the previous owner to get started.
Rubber duck? Priceless.

Just keep these things in mind, not that they come even close to the price of a new tub.:)

You can really enjoy a tub, it's a nice place to go unwind and forget about the day, or connect with family or friends. and it seems all that much sweeter if you get it for so little.  :)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

J._McD

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2005, 12:54:56 pm »
The price is right, the idea is good, there are a few things to accomplish like getting it there and wiring it, but your gonna love the experience.  Then, later your gonna want to grade up and pass it along.   ;D

One thing, check the filter area for any black oily residue.  Back then they used rubber lines for the air injector system that in time degraded injecting little black oily bits of residue.  IF that is the case, use clear RV silicone to inject into the air injectors to prevent water in the air lines and disable the blower by removing the blower wires from the circuit board.

squinnman

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2005, 02:32:11 pm »
Thank you for that info...very helpful.  Where do you think I could find the owners manual??  Downloadable somewhere?

mowgli1

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2005, 02:39:38 pm »
Thank you for that info...very helpful.  Where do you think I could find the owners manual??  Downloadable somewhere?

Go to the Sundance web site click customer care link. You can download owner's manuals dating back to the 1980's. Good luck

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2005, 02:39:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42