What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Perfect Water from the Tap?  (Read 2328 times)

Drewski

• Artesian Piper Glen since 1999 in Beachtown, USA
Perfect Water from the Tap?
« on: April 28, 2005, 02:14:21 pm »
OK, this freaked me out!

I changed my water last night and let the tub come to heat until noon today. I stopped by the house at lunch, pulled out my chemistry box and tested the water anticipating the need to add stuff.

Believe it or not, the tap water tested perfect, ZERO adjustment needed!  Almost 6 years of changing spa water and that's the first time that EVER happened.

Think I need to play Lotto tonight and use my pH, Cl and TA numbers...

Drewski

:D
It's a HOT tub... anything else is just a POOL!

Hot Tub Forum

Perfect Water from the Tap?
« on: April 28, 2005, 02:14:21 pm »

shabba34

Re: Perfect Water from the Tap?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 02:18:29 pm »
OK, this freaked me out!

Think I need to play Lotto tonight and use my pH, Cl and TA numbers...

Drewski

:D

Hey, you do measure everything in parts per "MILLION"
;D

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 02:18:30 pm »
Funny you mention that.  A similar thing happened to me a few weeks ago when I did my water change.
My water usually needs a lot of attention to lower the alk and ph, but this time it was really close.  Not perfect, but took way less "down" stuff than usual.
Brewman
Brewman

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2005, 02:20:35 pm »
Has anyone ever tested their tap water long term? I wonder how much it varies.  Typically I am right at ph 7.0 and alk of 80, so just a little baking soda gets me on target.  The amount of calcium for hardness seems to vary a little bit from time to time. (I don't have a softener.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Cgar

• Havanas and hot tubs... a match made in heaven.
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2005, 04:23:26 pm »
On one of our deliveries a while back, even the chlorine level was at the recommended 'spa level' without adding a thing to the water.  To think, some people actually drink that stuff straight from the tap.  Yikes!   :o

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2005, 07:00:43 pm »
Does this prove that properly maintained spa water is safe to drink?

I still find it difficult to consume something that fish pee in.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2005, 07:01:29 pm by lets »
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Guttboy

• In San Antonio looking for a spa....
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2005, 02:29:48 am »
wmccall,

Our water varied significantly in Albuquerque...pH was higher in the summer (or vice versa...tired from 11 hour drive) and the hardness went up in the summer.

How do I know this?  Well when testing for my marine/planted fishtanks I tested the water from the tap quite regularly prior to the water changes/additions.

Regards

Soakin

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2005, 12:25:00 pm »
My water usually needs a lot of attention to lower the alk and ph, but this time it was really close.  Not perfect, but took way less "down" stuff than usual.
Brewman

I just posted about this in another thread, but this may be the place to generate some discussion.

I also need a lot of dry acid to lower my pH and TA (20 ounces in a 550 gallon tub).  My water tests near perfect out of the tap, but after sitting for a couple of days is off the scale high on pH, TA and hardness.  This occurs in the tub or if I set a sample aside for a couple of days and test.

A poster on Doc's site attributed it to buffers added to city water supplies.  Anybody with any info on this? ???

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2005, 12:25:00 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42