What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance/Sweetwater Palermo...ANYONE ?  (Read 6271 times)

lmdjr

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Sundance/Sweetwater Palermo...ANYONE ?
« on: May 02, 2005, 10:13:51 am »
I am thinking about purchasing a 2004 floor model Palermo...seems like a good deal. I've done my research and Sundance has a pretty good name, good components and track record. Anyone have any words of advice ?

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance/Sweetwater Palermo...ANYONE ?
« on: May 02, 2005, 10:13:51 am »

J._McD

Re: Sundance/Sweetwater Palermo...ANYONE ?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2005, 10:23:20 am »
Good choice, SD is a well known mfg.  2004 is the same as the 2005 except the "nameplate" changed from SW to SD in 3 spots, filter gate, pillows and control panel to capitalize on the "brand" identity.

There are a lot of happy people that will be soaking in them tonight.  Good Luck

lmdjr

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2005, 11:29:27 am »
Thanks for the response. I just put a $1000 deposit on the 04 Palermo. Total price is $5995.00 delivered with cover, lifter, chemicals, steps, etc. Seems to be a good deal. Can't wait. Anyone else want to chime in?

golferm

• Tiger River Bengal Owner
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2005, 11:49:54 am »
That seems like a great deal to me.  I own a Jacuzzi, (sister brand to Sundance) and was also looking at either the Bahia or Palermo when I bought.  It seems like  a nice big tub, and those side by side loungers look great.

Happy tubbing.

Mark

lmdjr

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2005, 12:25:26 pm »
The 05' model is $6800.  It's the same tub with a fancy  shiny interior instead of the pebbled look and with a 2 year longer warranty. I think we will be pretty satisfied. Now we just need to decide to put it in the middle of the yard with some type of inclosure OR put it just off the deck with no enclosure. Decisions, decisions. I like the enclosure for the mosquito factor but it closes you off from friends etc. Can't decide.......

J._McD

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2005, 03:25:14 pm »
closer to the house is better, mosquito magnet works well, it's about the stars

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2005, 05:19:17 pm »
Now we just need to decide to put it in the middle of the yard with some type of inclosure OR put it just off the deck with no enclosure. Decisions, decisions. I like the enclosure for the mosquito factor but it closes you off from friends etc. Can't decide.......

Originally we were torn between the two ideas and after talking to some people who own tubs apparently mosquitos don't bother them while their in the tub - they think it may be the hot water. We elected to be outside - I'll find out then!

TD

• new Bahia owner
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2005, 11:57:57 pm »
I just bought a Sweetwater/Sundance Bahia, was really looking for a Palermo, but after much research and thought, I decided not to get the lounger and bought the Bahia. I got it with cover, installed stereo, delivery, setup, chems, and an LED light  upgrade for $5100 on a 2004 model (I am going to build my own deck enclosure for the tub, so I don't need steps). I really thought this was a deal I couldn't pass up, although I would have liked a lighter color than the Bluegrass, but it was a dealer close out. Also, my dealer told me it has a 5/7/10 year warranty, just like the 2005 Sundance series. I will have it installed as soon as I get the deck built and the electrician runs the new 220 circuit. Happy tubbing.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2005, 11:59:01 pm by TD »

lmdjr

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2005, 10:08:41 am »
As far as the warranty is concerned, I was told that the 04 (which is really Sweetwater) is only a 3/5/7 year warranty

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2005, 10:44:01 am »
As for location, I read somewhere, somebody said that tubs closer to the door get used a lot more.  Having been through 2 Ohio winters, I can understand why.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

lmdjr

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2005, 11:52:06 am »
I agree...we will probably keep it right at the end of the deck uncovered....as someone already said...it really is all about the stars and friends

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2005, 11:52:06 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42