What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Vision cartridge and the use of chlorine/chemicals  (Read 2405 times)

lotusbay2004

Vision cartridge and the use of chlorine/chemicals
« on: April 29, 2005, 02:26:17 pm »
I have a 2004 D1 Lotus Bay that came with a Vision cartridge. I was wondering how much less chlorine can/should I use?

I try to add 1 tablespoon of dichlor after each use (6ppm), and for disinfecting I was told to bring the chlorine level up to 100 ppm. Is this too much chlorine to use in conjunction with the Vision cartridge?

Also, what are the instances where I need take the Vision cartridge out when adding chemicals? I was told to take out Vision when adding stain control chemicals.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hot Tub Forum

Vision cartridge and the use of chlorine/chemicals
« on: April 29, 2005, 02:26:17 pm »

poolboy34

Re: Vision cartridge and the use of chlorine/chemi
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2005, 02:45:01 pm »
First off.that is WAY too much Chlorine to be adding.  1-2 ounces is plenty depending on the use and number of users in the spa at a given time.  The Vision caretridge when used in conjunction w/ D-1's Ultra-Pure water mgmt system will allow you to significantly reduce the amount of chlorine you have to use in your lotus bay.  We always recomend using chlorine 1-2 times a week, and shock with 1-2 ounces of Non-Chlorine shock after using.

As for when you have to take the vision cartridge out:

We recommend adding stain & scale control/metal control upon fresh filling the spa, and then waiting a period of 48 hours before adding any chemicals to it.  You shouldn't have to use clarifiers with vision either, as clarifiers tend to aid in the removal of minerals from the water.    Also whenever you remove the vision cartridge you should keep it in a bowl or a bucket of water, b/c it gets wet it must stay wet.  I hope this helps you.

Jason,
Store Manager for a D-1, Caldera, Nordic and Hawkeye Spas Dealer

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Vision cartridge and the use of chlorine/chemi
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2005, 02:45:01 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42