What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Coast Spas  (Read 3600 times)

Jennifer_357

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Coast Spas
« on: April 25, 2005, 05:37:57 pm »
My husband and I are in the market for a new hot tub. We have looked at both Coast and D1.  We know that D1 has an excellent reputation however, we can not find much info on Coast.  We like both spas but the D1 is approximately $2500.00 more than Coast.  We would really like to hear from others and get their opinion-which one would you go with?

Hot Tub Forum

Coast Spas
« on: April 25, 2005, 05:37:57 pm »

Hankster

• A soaker seeker
Re: Coast Spas
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005, 06:09:58 pm »
Funny you should ask, I just came across Coast Spas for the first time myself a few days ago.  I was looking at a Hot Springs spa, and the local dealer carries Coast as well.

The sales lady told me Coast Spas are Cal Spas.

nicker

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005, 09:37:33 pm »
there is a post on Coast Spas not to far down from yours.  Have a look.  I would go with D1 over the Coast.  It seems like if you have a problem with your Coast Spa its hard to get good support.

capmt

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2005, 10:37:45 pm »
To Hankster,  the sales guy told me the Coast spas were NOT Cal spas, although this guy USED to sell Cal Spas and stopped dealing with then because of the service problem.  Could be a line?  By the way, Jennifer_357 --you might want to check a few lines down under Coast Spas?? - got some informative responses!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2005, 10:54:32 pm by capmt »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2005, 08:18:55 am »
Cal spa has a reputation on this and other boards for finding creative ways to deny warranty claims.
Brewman
Brewman

fatman

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2005, 09:07:02 am »
check out http://www.ripoffreport.com  do a search on coast spa.  there is only one hit but it is a dandy!  it shows a picture of a burned out coast spa and the owner goes on to explain how Coast would not honor their warranty.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2005, 09:57:10 am by wmccall »

Zoo

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2005, 10:06:53 am »
Coast Spas are made out in B.C. They are very good at marketing their spas and putting a lot of goodies into their spas. Be aware of some of their claims. For instance their pumps are rated at peak horsepower and not continuous. There are some unhappy customers out there; but several others who were looked after by Coast.
 Wet test, wet test, wet test! For the money that a Coast costs you are into D1, Hot Springs, Marquis etc territory.

Good luck with your search!

Zoo

fletch49

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2005, 07:17:45 am »
check out www.ripoffreport.com   do a search on coast spa.  there is only one hit but it is a dandy!  it shows a picture of a burned out coast spa and the owner goes on to explain how Coast would not honor their warranty.

In all fairness..you're looking at a burned out tub, and an owner telling his side of the story. In my experience, some people do really dumb things to save a buck. Perhaps, he tried to wire it himself incorrectly?

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2005, 08:24:14 am »
Also, in scanning the entire series of posts, did the owner not get a new spa out of the deal?
I'm not a big fan of Coast, but there may be more than one side to this story.  And it's just one example.
Brewman
Brewman

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2005, 10:21:27 am »
Interesting thing about that entry.

It appears that any rebuttal is tagged as being from the owner of the company.   The rebutee says he is a Coast Dealer in Medina Ohio, but he signs his name and says he is from Oregon, but my favorite part is when he says in a paragraph where he can't find the shift key or any puncuation keys -  AND ALL HE HAD TO HAVE IS COMPUTER SKILL

Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2005, 10:21:27 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42